By It'd be nice to see you too. - 09/06/2014 02:17 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, at my all-night senior party, I was talking to the blind girl who I haven't had classes with since 9th grade. I unthinkingly opened the conversation with "Nice to see you again." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 521
You deserved it 9 683

Same thing different taste

Comments

I wouldn't worry. I bet she gets it all the time. And it's a nice thing to say to someone.

I don't see a problem with this FML and don't beat yourself up over it man.

All it means is "it's nice to be in your company again", if you don't take the saying literally. I'm sure she didn't mind unless she's the kind of person who likes to find reasons to be offended.

The resulting puns of this are great, but I don't see (no pun intended) why that would be a big deal. It's not like blind people expect "sightseers" to... not talk about the idea of sight.

PrimeStarscream 30

Blind people use "look" and "see" in normal convo, too.

I sympathise, I once asked a friend's blind mother if she had driven to a parents day. She replied that she had driven there. Then followed a few years of her taking the piss out of me.

Well, you are sighted, so of course you saw her. Anyway, in this context, "see" is acceptable. Anyway, I've had friends with limited vision, and they don't mind the sight-related language at all.

The blind, as a general group, do not mind that phrase. It makes them feel like a normal person if you use it.