By Anonymous - 09/12/2014 21:14 - United States - Margate City

Today, as I was leaving home for my mall kiosk job, my dad asked me where I was off to. When I said I was going to work, he tossed an empty beer bottle to the floor, belched, and said "Bah! Get a REAL job!" He's unemployed and living in my apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 598
You deserved it 3 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aaaaand it's time for him to get a new place to live.

Murilirum 23

That's terrible. Subtle response such as 'oh you too!' Would be more than appropriate.

Comments

I'd say getting rid of him is going to be a real job, he seems content.

Attacksloth 33

My father did the same thing minus the alcoholism for about two years. Lived in me and my wife's place, ate our food, and took the moral high ground breadwinning mentality whenever we got into a scuffle. Respect your parents, but don't take their shit if they clearly don't respect you. You can talk back to them, just try not to be belligerent about it. You're both adults now. Try to get him back on his feet, but know that it's up to him to make a change and to actually accept help.

Dad has made it pretty clear the only kind of help he will voluntarily accept is a handout.

He can laugh all he wants but you're the one who has a job. Just beer with him until you can move out! :D

That's weird I never saw the ending of the FML. I stand corrected.

No one remembers this FML? No one?? Not even a small memory of reading this? Hmm, maybe his other person could have the same job and have the same father that said that exact same thing.. than the other author of the other exact FML.

Almost seems like your dads a douche, lay off the beer.

Just a reminder that these types of people/families aren't just caricatures in movies...

Kick him to the curb. You're wasting YOUR money on food and beer for a person who is totally ungrateful and, might I add, a ********.