By Anonymous - 19/08/2012 23:25 - United Kingdom - Kent

Today, after years of bad blood, my husband decided to invite his parents to dinner. After making rude remarks about my pregnancy, his dad eventually muttered that I'm a slut. My husband punched him, his wife called the police, and now I'm all alone while he sits in a jail cell for battery. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 615
You deserved it 2 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

But what a good husband for sticking up got his wife! (:

His dad seems like a bit of an ass. Kudos to your husband for sticking up for you, though! He doesn't deserve to be in prison.

Comments

VooDooCarrie91 19

Maybe they're trying to protect the husband and have some bad information about the wife. No one took the time to see If it was a misunderstanding. No one knows how to talk it out these days. (downvotes ahoy!)

lena85_fml 7

And there was the option of confronting the son or daughter-in-law about these so call "rumors". Although I believe that wether the rumors were true (supposing theres rumors involved), it's none of the parents business. She's the person the son chose and they should stay back. Yes, parents care but they have to see that she makes him happy. If what ever they heard was true and the son knows that's up to him to stay with her.

mollymayan 3

Or maybe the parents are just flat out rude. Either way, she's pregnant with their grandchild. It's an insult to her as well as her unborn baby. There's just some things you don't say.

Aww, he loves you. I'd be so happy if someone did that for me. But it sucks that he's in jail.

fj19 9

You have an awesome husband!!! Chivalry reborn!!

Was this in your house? Idk the law where u are but doesn't that present some sort of a defence if u said something like he wasn't welcome anymore and was harassing? Some places have laws that might help a bit with that

But this guy said not welcome anymore. Meaning that yes they were invited but then uninvited from how horrible they were acting. So he is kinda right about the laws. Cause after that "****" comment, they were hells for sure uninvited.

It was worth it. One night in jail, for the satifaction of punching the smug, smirk off the face of a man who most likely treated himlike dirt his whole life, yeah, worth it.

You got a good boy sticking up for you like that. Good luck to you and the baby

MuggleBornSquib 4

Your husband is awesome if he stuck up for you. Tell him he has my respect.

soad2014 7

You have a great husband who loves you no matter what his dad said. Yes, it's a FML for the fact that he's in prison for no reason whatsoever, but it's not a FML when the fact is that he stood up for who he loved. I'm not really sure what I'm saying here because I've been single for a month and I really don't care about love at this moment of time (I think I'm "too young to fall in love"), yet I do know what I'm saying here: you have yourself a true keeper! He'll make an excellent dad! :)