By Anonymous - 19/08/2012 23:25 - United Kingdom - Kent

Today, after years of bad blood, my husband decided to invite his parents to dinner. After making rude remarks about my pregnancy, his dad eventually muttered that I'm a slut. My husband punched him, his wife called the police, and now I'm all alone while he sits in a jail cell for battery. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 615
You deserved it 2 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

But what a good husband for sticking up got his wife! (:

His dad seems like a bit of an ass. Kudos to your husband for sticking up for you, though! He doesn't deserve to be in prison.

Comments

Sounds like a very good husband to me. Sorry about what happened though.

bizarre_ftw 21

If he thinks you're a **** then his wife must be one too, or was your husband's conception immaculate?

They probably think the OP is carrying another man's child. Hence the ****/name calling. The OP's mother in law wouldn't be called a **** just for having a child, especially if there wasn't any question about who the father was. (:

Kudos for him defending your honour and that of his unborn child but he should learn that kicking them out of the house would be better than him laying his hands on his dad. He should never hit anyone, especially his parent!

#44, Thank you, Enslaved, for the sanity. Was wondering how many comments it would take. Now I know.

lena85_fml 7

Maybe it wasn't the first time he called her that, and made comments and the husband finally had enough.

KiddNYC1O 20

Still, you shouldn't hit people. Especially your dad... Especially for that...

If i was him, i would have done the same thing. His parents were out of line.

Yup. I had no trouble. It made perfect sense to me.

carminecris89 13

It's time to cut his family off for good.

Atleast he defended you instead of agreeing with his father!

Hey, your husband defended you against his parents which is pretty sweet. But I can uderstand why you wouldn't like his parents. To call you **** while you're pregnant with his grandbaby is incredibly rude. Maybe you and your husband are better off being estranged to his parents, as horrible as it sounds.

At least you know you have a great husband