By dsbass09 - 09/07/2011 05:59 - United States

Today, after 8 years in exceptionally difficult veterinarian classes which put me $200,000 in debt, and 7 months of job searching, I finally got a job. I will be inspecting feces for worms while making minimum wage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 874
You deserved it 5 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

welcome to the united states, the land of joblessness, poverty and debt...

Comments

that sucks. but such is life in the modern age.

Well you have to start small . you should apply for different Vets and stuff. I want to be a Vetanarian too, and this won't make me give up.

What? How? Op focused on college first, and then looked for a job. Which is the smart thing to do. Given the only reason op got that job rather than others is is because that's the only one available at the time, and because a higher wage job would take more time looking over qualifications and such.

mikaylaraymond 0

i want yo be a vet ....but i wouldnt want to just be doing that for min wage .......…… sorry op that sucks

bonehead800 0

To an earlier poster: Internship/residency is only *required* if you want to specialize. For general practice, you're qualified from the start (though some folks do an internship anyway because they're scared and want that extra year of backup). OP: The job market for us is pretty lousy all around right now, but don't stop looking and don't limit your options. I recently landed an overnight ER job after being unemployed for several months. Call around, even to places that aren't advertising -- they may have heard of openings that aren't widely publicized. Good luck! And to Karwitz: Learning to spell "veterinarian" is a good first step in becoming one of us.... ;-)

lamaravilla1 0

that sucks all the money n time well hope it gets better.