By dsbass09 - 09/07/2011 05:59 - United States

Today, after 8 years in exceptionally difficult veterinarian classes which put me $200,000 in debt, and 7 months of job searching, I finally got a job. I will be inspecting feces for worms while making minimum wage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 874
You deserved it 5 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

welcome to the united states, the land of joblessness, poverty and debt...

Comments

You could have been a real doctor in that time

a_nutritionist 10

Don't most vets have their own practices? Not many vet offices I have been to have more than one doctor, so most likely you will need to start your own practice to use your degree.

In bigger vet cooperations there is more than one vet.

bonehead800 0

Nope. A practice is another huge investment/loan that the majority of us don't mess with, or at least not right out of school. Most places have more than one doctor, but not always more than one on the same day if the case load doesn't fit it. Also, all the "start at the bottom to work up" folks -- the job OP describes is what we generally do in high school getting experience before applying to vet school after undergrad. It's the equivalent to someone getting a PhD and being totally qualified to teach at a high-level university and being stuck with a job leading story time in kindergarten.

alabamajoe77 3

sounds like someone should have researched the field a little better. apparently there isn't a very high demand for vet-techs. they offered that for votech. 200k seems like a lot!

ydi for wasting all that time and money

Op could have been looking for internships while they were in school. I'm surprised a bit that during eight years of vet school they weren't required to find an internship or at the least be offered one.

PghSportsNation 0

Your job is the sh*t!! Soon you'll move up to pee testing Ala Louie Anderson in Coming to America