By dsbass09 - 09/07/2011 05:59 - United States

Today, after 8 years in exceptionally difficult veterinarian classes which put me $200,000 in debt, and 7 months of job searching, I finally got a job. I will be inspecting feces for worms while making minimum wage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 874
You deserved it 5 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

welcome to the united states, the land of joblessness, poverty and debt...

Comments

You could have been a real doctor in that time.

Stop ******* complaining, you have a dream hob. That's what you studied to do, the good, bad, and the nasty. Smdh.

Why did vet school take you twice as long as it should have?

Shonnygrl 8

hey at least you have a job right?

that is my deepest fear in life...I'm also going for a phd...in physical therapy though...

That's the way in U.S. of A. I feel sorry for you. Ever heard about Europe?

Its funny really, most of the richest people in the world only have a high school diploma or less. Meanwhile, other people like OP spend damn near their whole life getting an education to better themselve && get a good paying job (sonetimes) only to spend the rest of their lives paying it back.

This isn't uncommon for a student to ride on mom and dad + high dollar student loans to avoid the oh so awful prospect of having to work for a living, thinking that they'll come out of college with a 6 figure income and a company lamborghini and never have to work for a living. NEWS FLASH Everybody has to work for a living. I'm going to figure that the OP spent all of their academic down time partying it up and laughing at all the "losers" who took summer jobs and filled up their resume, and with absolutely no resume of their own found out the hard way that there is no short cut.

OP deserves it for wanting a well-paying job in a field they're passionate about?