By dsbass09 - 09/07/2011 05:59 - United States

Today, after 8 years in exceptionally difficult veterinarian classes which put me $200,000 in debt, and 7 months of job searching, I finally got a job. I will be inspecting feces for worms while making minimum wage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 874
You deserved it 5 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

welcome to the united states, the land of joblessness, poverty and debt...

Comments

I think that the OP did expect to work for a living but was expecting something a little better than minimum wage after earning a PHD after 8 years. I also don't think that the OP was expecting to be placed at the head of a corporation or anything like that but one would expect a job that seems to have some kind of promotion opportunity.

that does sux but it will not stay that way! you have a awesome education that no one can take away from you! I was told you have to pay ur dues and work the shit jobs, no pun intended, then u will find a better job! I spent 3 yrs in nursing school only to get out and be offered 9.50 a hr in a nursing home....11 yrs later I have a sweet job with many perks with a salary of 57 yearly plus 25 paid days off and of course wkends and holidays off and I'm just a nurse....ur a vet....imagine ur perks 11 yrs down the road!! pay ur dues friend!!!

at least you'll be one of the few vets that will be willing to read fecals. You have to start somewhere, good luck!

fruitloop1221 1

don't tell me that :( I'm in vet school!!!!!

um fecal flotations are part of the job, I worked at a vet clinic for 3 yrs quit bitching ... tho minimum wage sux lol

It sounds like schools dont get anyone anywhere anymore all i here is this much debt that much debt

Altie 13

Just be grateful that you have a job, there are so many qualified people out there who can't even get a job

You are required to do internships, but that doesn't mean you'll also get a job there, especially if there's an excess of vets.