Thanks, I guess…

By Gabrielguitar - 25/04/2009 14:23 - United States

Today, it was my birthday and everyone in the office chipped in to buy me a card, and nothing but a card. It had a pre-written message on it and a space to write "Love, *insert name*" where everyone signed their names. The "Love" was crossed out and replaced with "From". FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 884
You deserved it 5 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thoams_fml 0

they may have actually been trying to be respectful to the people who were signing it and/or complying with company policies

Haha some idiot went out and bought the card. Then the person who was actually behind it freaked and probably had to fix it.

Comments

big whoop! they probably didn't want you to misunderstand!

lol everyone had to ''chip in'' to buy the card? that musn't have cost them too much

Crossing out the word "love" is incredibly tacky. I can see just not writing it at all, but crossing it out is like a slap in the face, saying, "Yeah. We definitely don't feel you deserve a word like this, so we'll go the extra mile to cross it out. Just so you know." If they didn't want love, they should have gotten a card without it. The fact that they pitched for nothing but a seemingly cheap card in shows none of them really consider you to be worth more than a quarter. FYL indeed.

symph 0

You're looking way too much into it. At least they got you a card. I'd cross out the word love and write from, too, if it was for a co-worker. I wouldn't want them getting the wrong impression. :/ And what's wrong with getting just a card? What else did you want, a batch of fresh baked cookies? They're your co-workers, not your best friends. Be happy that they even remembered your birthday. This isn't an FML.

How is this even remotely FML??? I suppose maybe if you work in family business surrounded by your family then yeah FYL... What did you expect? Some jewelry? A car? Its your work. Be glad somebody went through the trouble in the first place.

PaperxHearts_xox 0

I usually do the opposite xP but, it's from *all* of your co-workers; you can't possibly be connected with all of them on an emotional level. If it was from your best friend from the office, then you have a legitimate reason to be upset. but FYL anyways, it sucks someone would go through the trouble to do that just to ultimately make you feel like crap.

they wouldn't have to cross out the wrong sentiment if they weren't tightwad asswipes. so FML well deserved.