Thanks, I guess…

By Gabrielguitar - 25/04/2009 14:23 - United States

Today, it was my birthday and everyone in the office chipped in to buy me a card, and nothing but a card. It had a pre-written message on it and a space to write "Love, *insert name*" where everyone signed their names. The "Love" was crossed out and replaced with "From". FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 884
You deserved it 5 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thoams_fml 0

they may have actually been trying to be respectful to the people who were signing it and/or complying with company policies

Haha some idiot went out and bought the card. Then the person who was actually behind it freaked and probably had to fix it.

Comments

wow that sucks...hope the rest of your bday is good?

xolotl 0

wow. this is a classic fml, which means i'm sorry :(

Aw, that sucks! Either that or they're a funny bunch and just thought it'd make you laugh :3 That's the sort of thing I do with my friends, hhaa, I scribble out words on cards and change what they say all the time...don't mean anything by it, it's just funny :P But happy birthday all the same! :)

It's one thing if these are your friends. But they're your coworkers. I don't really see what you're complaining about. I'd be freaked out if my coworkers wrote "love" at the bottom of a card. And at least they remembered it's your birthday.

ALL HUMANS ARE A DISEASE THAT CONTINUES TO **** THE BEAUTIFUL PLANET KNOWN AS "EARTH" IN THE ARSE. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO COUNTER THEIR ASSFUCKERY, AND THAT, OBVIOUSLY, IS TO RECIPROCATE THEIR ASSFUCKERY BY ******* THEM IN THE ARSE. THANK YOU.- Eleanor Roosevelt.

ohreally123 0

whatever, you got something from your coworkers at all. YDI for thinking you're entitled to be the center of their day

They all chipped in to buy the card? How expensive was it anyway? Maybe it was one of those oversized ones... I'm with everyone who said it already, at least they remembered and cared enough to get you anything. And if you wanted them to leave the "love", maybe you should start saying it to them first. Happy birthday!

xThatRandomGirlx 0

#37 don't be an asshole. It's their birthday! Everyone has a right to feel special on that day, it's not like they asked off from work.

blankslate 0

"Chipped in" to buy the card, huh? Wow, they really went all out.