Thank you for your service

By Anonymous - 07/10/2009 18:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of three years broke up with me because I'm in the military and I'm gone too much. The reason I enlisted in the first place is because we agreed that the money and benefits I would earn would help us be able to start a family in the future. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 929
You deserved it 3 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well....think of it this way--more money and more benefits for you!

Comments

tomakobriefs 11

I think I already read an FML exactly like this.

I agree. Maybe the monotony of FML is finally setting in.

Awh, poor guy! Military life is rough, I hope she didn't send you a Dear John. You'll find someone new!

THIS IS ANOTHER REPEAT, WE HAD ONE SAME SITUATION JUST REWORDED WHY ARE THEY BEING POSTED?????????

# 60 it's like saying you look just like me, with eyes, nose, mouth, and ears, just different sizes, why were you born?

#61 that's retarded. I don't know about you, but I don't want to read the same thing over and over again. Your argument is stupid and makes no sense.

i live in missouri and ive had a boyfriend actually leave me because he was gone too much and was able to think about how much he missed his ex girlfriend not before me but the ex girlfriend before the one before me. so i think it really sucks for you. and she makes me want to punch her face lol

Why do you feel like lying to random people on the internets? Its pretty clear you are a dumbass and thats the only reason you joined the military, otherwise you would've not stayed with such a *****. You had no other choice.

NataleeC 0

thats so sad. did you remind her why you joined the military in the first place??? I hope you find someone that truly deserves you. i agree, your life sucks.

People in general can't predict in advance how they'll feel about an unfamiliar situation. Having you join the military for the benefits and a bit of cash isn't a bad idea. However, maintaining a long-distance relationship often proves more stressful and difficult than most people think. Your girlfriend most likely just couldn't handle it. She might have thought she could when you two decided upon the plan, but circumstances proved otherwise. Unless you have good reason to doubt her sincerity, don't take this personally. Take some time to sort out your feelings on the matter and move on.

well, I know there are lots of ones like this. But I'm pretty sure there was one where the guy joined to get money to support his girlfriend. Pretty much exactly the same as this.

what? Spaz? Okay well, I'm pretty sure that when you moderate fmls you're not supposed to let any through that are similiar to existing ones.

I'm not going to say your girlfriend sucks or whatever simply because I've tried being in a long distance relationship myself and I couldn't do it. I think the women and men who join the military are brave and I give them props for it, but I also think it takes a certain kind personality to handle being the spouse to someone in the military. Just hold your head up high and keep doing what it is your doing.