Thank you for your service

By Anonymous - 07/10/2009 18:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of three years broke up with me because I'm in the military and I'm gone too much. The reason I enlisted in the first place is because we agreed that the money and benefits I would earn would help us be able to start a family in the future. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 929
You deserved it 3 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well....think of it this way--more money and more benefits for you!

Comments

im sorry, my bf did the same thing so i know its hard being alone but still what she did just sucks, you deserve so much more

Spocuz 0

That's so messed up! She pretty much dumped you because you joined the Military to benifit her! Well don't let it get ya down man, you can do better than a girl like her.

She was probably just looking for a reason to dump you and maybe she convinced you to join in the first place so she could screw around while you were gone. Good riddance, I say

thefury 0

I know the story, same thing to me. Air Force. Gone a lot. Girlfriend of 4 years. and so on.

That's why we all sign up. Good intentions. It is common in the military, though. I am sorry she's being such a bitch. Find someone better. Don't look within the military/in military towns.

"...She said, "I need some time to find myself, I need a little space to think. Maybe we should start seeing other people. Baby, things are moving way too fast for me." So, I picked up what was left of my pride, And I put on my walking shoes, And I got up on that high road, And I did what any gentleman would do.. I, um... I got a brand new girlfriend. We went and jumped off the deep end, Flew out to LA for the weekend, Spent the whole day lyin' on the beach, Wearin' nothin' but a smile, Playin' kissy-kissy, smoochy-smoochy, Talkin' mooshy-mooshy 'bout nothin'. Man, I think I'm on to somethin', Ya know I feel just like a kid again. I got a brand new girlfriend..."

baf_fml 0

I'm so sorry to hear this :( My fiance is at Ft. Leo-Wood in MO and I could never ever ever imagine leaving him. It sucks that military folks are gone so much, I know first hand, however it's those who give us the freedom to hate it! **** her, you're way better off. Good luck!

YamahaMama09 0

WoW......some girls amaze me with their ignorance and/or stupidity. she never deserved you anyways, now go find someone who does. Good Luck OP. Semper Fi (Marine Corps here)

You learned it late, but not too late. Go find a real woman now that you've taken out the garbage.