Thank you for your service

By Anonymous - 07/10/2009 18:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of three years broke up with me because I'm in the military and I'm gone too much. The reason I enlisted in the first place is because we agreed that the money and benefits I would earn would help us be able to start a family in the future. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 929
You deserved it 3 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well....think of it this way--more money and more benefits for you!

Comments

First - that's not a good reason to join the military. Second - be glad that you're rid of her. Now find someone who wants you for you, and not for what you can provide.

I know lots of people who joined because it either paid for college or the better money they could get there than any other job they could have gotten right outta high school.

Actually being in the military doesn't pay as good as so many people think it does...unless of course you're an NCO or Officer...but all the lower ranks from E-1 all the way up to E-5 (Sergeant in the Army) pay so little[I'm talking about the base pay] that you could easily make more working a regular job. I think it's more the benefits such as the GI Bill, BAH, health insurance etc. that get people to join...not to mention the job security in this kind of economic state the US were in.

You're better off without her. If she can't see that you're doing something for your future with her (something good) then she's not worth your time. Good luck with the military.

Poor guy! I think you are smart for thinking about your future!! Come to Canada and introduce yourself to a Canadian girl! ;)

Better to find out before you went and married the bitch.

And what's the lesson here everyone? Women are shallow, soulless ****** who can change their mind about the most important of things in an instant. Look on the bright side, you can nail a chick in every port now and you don't have to spend any money on that heartless bitch back home. Have fun!

awww, wat a bitch... she's is so not worth it. ur better off without her... maybe its time for some1 new. some1 a whole lot better.

Intellectualist 0

You're not possibly suggesting more than on person has broken up because distance has forced them apart are you!? That's just unheard of, and could never have ever happened before!

Sun_Kissed18 25

Thank you for your service, and what people are saying is true. You are better off without her.

FAKEstfu 0

Aww I'm sorry you're ex is a dumb bitch. Fyl, find someone who appreciates you.

sexciiitalian 0

Damn. Thats tough. my brother is in the army and so is his wife but she got him into it but yeah thats a dumb reason to leave someone she obviously didn't care about you or love you or she would've stayed with you ..like people are saying your better off without her