By Anonymous - 13/12/2011 05:14 - United States

Today, I noticed my 5-gallon glass vase/aquarium was leaking at the base. When I went to move the vase so I could transfer everything to a new aquarium, the bottom completely detached, sending water, sand, sea shells and fish crap everywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 185
You deserved it 5 583

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

And thus Atlantis was destroyed.

RecklessJellyBea 7

Comments

Buttsexpirate 9

And thus Atlantis was destroyed.

My mother has two of them idk how she does it with the cleaning and all but hey their taken care of

akinsel2 6

Why on earth would you try and move an aquarium that is leaking from the base???? First of all you should remove the water whenever you move an aquarium, but if it is leaking from the base is it not common sense to NOT MOVE IT??? Let me think...it's cracked at it's base...if I pick it up all the support the base is gaining from whatever stand it's on goes away...yeah, I'll just pick it up when its still full of crap and water, nothing bad is gonna happen right??? I mean 5 gallons of water + all the other sand and pebbles and crap doesn't actually weigh anything right?? DUMBASS!! YTDI!

howsitgoingjc 2
saIty 17

Hmm sounds like a good mini beach for toys.

RecklessJellyBea 7

devastated fish is my favourite facial expression, closely followed by bemused badger

they won't remember it in 30 seconds anyway

JinxosGirl87 0
samikitty961 8

poor fish! please tell me you saved them before you picked up the sand and seashells!

compasseagle89 8

in a situation like this, why would someones first response be to pick up sand and seashells first?

It doesn't say it sent the fish flying to the floor. I'm hoping she put them in another container before she tried picking up a faulty aquarium.

spd2fst4u 5

That... Is a big spoon and I want one!

samikitty961 8

10: she said that the sand and water and shells and whatnot fell out, but she didn't mention the fish.

OP never mentioned fish, only fish crap. These fish are not the ones you are looking for.

A 5g tank is very very small. The average size is around 29g..

MerrikBarbarian 9

5 gallons is just over goldfish bowl size dumbass. That isn't big at all. Most tanks are 10-100 gallons or more.

A 5g is the smallest tank you can get, and it still weighs over 50lb when full. Water weighs 10lbs per gallon, it adds up fast. That would be why when first setting up you're told a) make sure your tank is level, otherwise it will stress the joins, leak, and eventually bust a seam and b) never, ever try to move a filled fish tank. You can't even NUDGE a 5g when it's completely full, let alone pick it up and move it. Even discounting the weight, the entire thing is too unwieldy to maneuver, and good luck picking something up when its bottom is completely flush with the table. I'm guessing the tank was at the MOST about 1/3rd full (which would still be 15-20lbs), unless the OP was a complete and total moron. Though her use of the word 'vase' in conjunction with the entity 'fish' makes me assume the worst in that regard.

tylermt1999 17

Guess who is having fish for dinner tonight.