Take the L

By slowrunner - 22/04/2009 13:20 - United States

Today, I was running the 100m sprint in a track meet. Me and another girl were tied for dead last. When we finished, she complained, "It's so embarrassing how slow I am today. I have shin splints. What happened to you?" I was actually running my hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 656
You deserved it 7 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Hm... I don't really know what to say but that is... sad I am sorry (Also, NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE FIRST. So shut up)

susie1234_5678 0

Don't worry, you will improve!! I was in track and cross country and used to lose every single race, but I kept improving every year and I started doing really well! That's the thing about running, you really see AMAZING improvements. Have fun and believe in yourself!! Pushing your body will make you improve fastest. (And don't run too much because you might get flat foot like I did :S)

Comments

feryooday 0

That's bullcrap. Shin splints are the whiners way out. By not making some stupid excuse, you beat her in my book.

Don't take it personally, most runners come prepared with an excuse for 'doing poorly' at races.

blue16 0

#99 they talked after the race

xx_hayleyy 0

what a bitch. id trip her, maybe it would make her shin splints feel better.

maxam_fml 0

i did that once too. i love to run but i pretty much suck at it. maybe its time to try something else. what about basketball? i loved it! good luck, its not that big of a deal in the long run...sorry for the pun.

She was obviously only saying it because she was embarassed that she ran last, so she made up an excuse?

if she had actually been in shape, shin splints would not have been much of a problem; i've had lots of people use shin splits as an excuse for not running their fastest.

Hey, 100 m is a hard race, it sounds to me like she was just being a bitch. Shin-splints...yeah right, probably just needed to make you feel inferior because her home life sucks....