Take the L

By slowrunner - 22/04/2009 13:20 - United States

Today, I was running the 100m sprint in a track meet. Me and another girl were tied for dead last. When we finished, she complained, "It's so embarrassing how slow I am today. I have shin splints. What happened to you?" I was actually running my hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 655
You deserved it 7 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Hm... I don't really know what to say but that is... sad I am sorry (Also, NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE FIRST. So shut up)

susie1234_5678 0

Don't worry, you will improve!! I was in track and cross country and used to lose every single race, but I kept improving every year and I started doing really well! That's the thing about running, you really see AMAZING improvements. Have fun and believe in yourself!! Pushing your body will make you improve fastest. (And don't run too much because you might get flat foot like I did :S)

Comments

haha do you by any chance go to simon fraser junior high?

I agree with #60. She may have just been legitimately bothered by her reduced speed. Also, what she said, might have slipped out and wasn't meant to hurt you. And she didn't mean it? OR, she couldve been mean. THINK ABOUT IT :)

xc1994 0

coming in last in a 100 really means nothing because it all depends on what heat you were in. maybe in a different heat, you would've came in first. don't worry about it.

Uconnrunner 0

I run the 800m to the 10,000m...how can that bitch complain about shinsplints?!

xc1994 0

also, sprints shouldn't be effected by pain. most pain goes away while you're running, and if it doesn't, it's easy to run through since the race is so short. shin splints are really no excuse

blue16 0

that girl just made up shin splints just so she wouldn't feel bad about tying for last. she doesn't have shin splints.

random_thought 0

hey, i'm a runner too. as long as you do your best and continue to beat your own records, thats good. don't compare yourself to the fastest girls and you'll gradually improve. i'm sure the other girl made up that excuse, and since you're only in the 100m i bet no one remembered your race anyways (no offense, but long distance is so much tougher).

forsalebypwner 0

You deserved that one because you joined track. Who would want to join track...

graciegirl 0

shin splints just hurt really badly, they don't keep you from running fast, especially in the 100.

lolwhat_fml 0

She probably said that on purpose to make her look good ;D