Take the L

By slowrunner - 22/04/2009 13:20 - United States

Today, I was running the 100m sprint in a track meet. Me and another girl were tied for dead last. When we finished, she complained, "It's so embarrassing how slow I am today. I have shin splints. What happened to you?" I was actually running my hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 655
You deserved it 7 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... Hm... I don't really know what to say but that is... sad I am sorry (Also, NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE FIRST. So shut up)

susie1234_5678 0

Don't worry, you will improve!! I was in track and cross country and used to lose every single race, but I kept improving every year and I started doing really well! That's the thing about running, you really see AMAZING improvements. Have fun and believe in yourself!! Pushing your body will make you improve fastest. (And don't run too much because you might get flat foot like I did :S)

Comments

TariqX2 0

You suck lol But hey work harder and it will pay off

Sebastian69 0

Kid, you might want to try long distance. At first no one seems to like it but it gets better.

sunshyne84_fml 0

u should probably try another sport

wow #5 if you care that much about grammar get off this site and go grade papers. OP LOL fyl but she was probably lying but still funny.

redsox0407 0

Anybody figure this must be a fake? There's not time in a 100m dash to stop and chat. If it was long distance, then yeah they'd have time. But the 100 doesn't take long. If you're talking while running, you're obviously not trying that hard.

authuum13 0

Hey, I just spent some time reading down these comments, and, except for some, I agree with them. It is quite possible that that girl was just angry that she lost, and wanted an excuse. I used to be a sprinter too (now I do the mile) and when I started doing track in fourth grade, I hated going to the meets, because I always lost, and was extremely slow. Now, doing the mile as a freshman, I out-race the entire boy's team from my school. Trust me, it takes time, and dedication, but, if you are willing, it will grow onto you. The best way to do this is to have a person only a tiny bit faster than you who tries hard, and try to keep up with them as much as possible in practice. This is what I do for training, and it works for me. Try it, and see how it ends up.

Eh, just come up with an excuse yourself and move on. If you're really into it, just hold onto that dedication and keep at it.

Did you go to the Newark Memorial meet? And do you go to Newark Memorial or Washington? Also, you tried your best so thats important, dont listen to people who say you suck because they probably cant do any better. I am a slow runner too but i improved alot from the beginning of the season. Just keep up your hard work.