Snoopy

By Anonymous - 03/11/2009 14:04 - United States

Today, I thought it would be funny to go on my boyfriend's Facebook to change his status. While in the process, his account received a message. Turns out he's planning on hooking up with his ex-girlfriend/one of my friends and is definitely over me. How's that for snooping around? FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 348
You deserved it 37 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pay back time...... Give us his e mail and password

Sucks to be you. But eh, at least you found out, even though it was a crap way to.

Comments

Skull_300 0

He's a ******* idiot for giving out his password. She should **** him up with the information she found out.

She didn't say she knew his password. I don't know my boyfriend's password, but that doesn't mean I've never been on his Facebook account. We share computers a lot - when one of ours breaks, or we don't feel like getting it, etc. If I get on his computer, and he hasn't logged out of FB, then I'm magically in his account. We've come to a truce on changing each other's statuses, but that's because it's happened often enough that it lost the humor. OP and her boyfriend might not have gotten to that point yet; changing a status is just harmless fun, as long as you don't say anything too embarrassing. Not that it's okay to read his messages while you're there. That's none of your business, OP. What you found sucks, but you shouldn't have read it. That right there shows that you either are too nosy for your own good, or you don't trust your boyfriend. If you're nosy, you need to grow up and learn to control your curiosity before you're really ready for a relationship; if you don't trust him, well, then you can't have a healthy relationship.

themixedt4pe 0

I agree that she shouldn't have read it, and that being on someone else's account doesn't give you the right to read their messages, BUT I think she had a right to be nosy/suspicious if she in fact was snooping. After all, if she previously suspected him of cheating, apparently she was right. FYL OP.

Skull_300 0

Then, he's a ******* Idiot for not logging out. Whatever... She found out, now time for operation pay back!

Wololo 0

YDI for snooping your bf's Facebook account. Or as Doctor Robotnik would say, "Snooping as usual, I see?"

**** up ****. NOBODY deserves to be cheated on. If you've ever had a girlfriend, you'd know how it feels you ******* ****

It says " Turns out he's planning on" not "Turns out he's been cheating on me". He might of planned on telling her it was over before he hooked up with his ex.

While your boyfriend is a total jackass and nobody actually deserves to be CHEATED on, you deserve it for snooping. Your deserved to find out all crappy things he was up to. "OH BOO HOO for me I'm a snooping little sneak and found things I didn't want to see and know my feeling are hurt!" that may not exactly apply to the OP here, cause I don't her or HOW she is feeling. I have NO SYMPATHY for annoying little sneaky insecure snoops!

perstephane 4

Apparently she had good reason for snooping - he is clearly untrustworthy. I've been with my bf for 5 years and have never gone into his e-mail, facebook, phone, etc. Because I trust him. But if you're cheating, you clearly can't be trusted. If she didn't snoop and she found out later after she'd gotten an STD and he'd cheated on her with someone, you'd say YDI for not knowing he was cheating or something else equally stupid. I don't advocate snooping at all. But in this case, he broke the trust before she did by setting up a bootie call.

Some of you morons who say that HER SNOOPING IS JUSTIFIED because he was cheating need to look at it from the point of view that snooping is 100% wrong no matter what you find. Snooping is NEVER okay. Would you dumbasses still be defending her if she hadnt found him doing anything wrong? Doubt it! And those that would still defend her are probably sneaky little snoops too. I agree to an extent that if he is cheating and you SUSPECT that you can kind of look around for more info and clue, BUT NOT SNOOP to protect yourself from the chance of getting an STD, but in her case she went on to mess with his FB status, and THEN SNOOPED, when she snooped she found something (and maybe that was a good thing) but she hadn't suspected him of doing anything wrong in the first place! So she was just being a sneaky no good little snoop for no reason other than to be nosy!

expen_dable 0

why are you so paranoid about "sneaky little snoops?" you must have a lot that you don't want anyone to find out...you probably have some creepy or disgusting habit that you would justify with "well it doesn't matter that you know cause you're a SNOOP!" if anyone found out. are you in NAMBLA? I've never "snooped" on my boyfriend because I love and trust him, but I'm not some paranoid maniac who goes on mad tangents about how evil "snoopers" are.

perstephane 4

Whether she was justified in snooping or not isn't the issue here - I was pointing out that she doesn't deserve to be CHEATED ON because she snooped, as all the "YDI for snooping" posts imply. If you snoop you deserve: for your significant other not to trust you, to possibly break up with you, and to have to work really hard to gain that trust back if they don't. What you don't deserve is to be cheated on. That's like saying that if you cheat on a test you deserve to have someone else bang your girlfriend. There's no connection between the action and the consequence. And yes, I've already anticipated "yes there's a connection, he's cheating on her BECAUSE she's a sneaky bitch!" Still no excuse - you have a problem with someone, you tell them. You don't go bang someone else.

I don't see anything about anyone cheating. And shit the way some people are going about this makes them look like they think their opinion is fact. No one knows the whole damn story. Shhiiiiiiiitttttt people.

AntiChrist7 0

YDI for snooping AND dating an asshole

Eh, cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

http://www.ihatejen.com/?id=2gqgiogwykn02ufzt6773kq4p5nqhq

biteyourtongue 0

**** anyone who says you deserve it for "snooping". He was up to whatever he was up to before you "snooped". And not have opening the message wouldn't have prevented it. Good for you for finding out. If someone wants to be trusted, they have to behave in a trustworthy mannor. It's a two-way street. Your bf totally deserved for you to open his message.

I bet your bf is tired of your snooping around. That'd teach u a lesson.