Social bumbling

By A massive racist, apparently - 09/06/2023 05:00 - United States

Today, I found out it's apparently racist to point out that a person has a unique spelling for a common name. I then found out it's even more racist to yell at the person who tells you in a very condescending tone that "it's a common spelling," even though I've literally never seen it before in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 399
You deserved it 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, you probably could've just not commented on it. Besides the other person might've heard that a million times before you came along.

Honestly, do yourself a favor by not overcomplicating things and keeping your mouth shut.

Comments

whatshername?! 39

I don't see where the racism-part comes in. But why yell?

Honestly, do yourself a favor by not overcomplicating things and keeping your mouth shut.

joseph_rod_05 14

lemme guess, the name in question is “Davíd”

vg 4

but written with a silent k

You got the social skills of a closet door, don't you?

I mean, you probably could've just not commented on it. Besides the other person might've heard that a million times before you came along.

Was the name Keryn? Because we got a Karen in the house.

When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

didn't you know? everything is racist these days...you could breathe wrong and someone would be screaming "that's racist"!

This is a situation where it's best to just not say anything. Just because you've never seen the variant doesn't mean it's not commonly used.