Simmer down, Karen

By mando - 06/10/2011 15:14 - Australia

Today, at work, I refused a customer a refund because there was nothing wrong with the item, and she didn't have the packaging. I then watched as she and her son rummaged through a public bin for the packaging. When I refused her again, she called me a "fucking idiot". FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 009
You deserved it 7 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

alinka_fml 0

customer is always right ! ydi

You will learn next time huh, dumbass. Just refund the money. It's that simple you ****** idiot.

Yea, and while we're at it, let ignore the store policy, give her money the company earned, and get our asses fired, all because we should ignore the non-packaged product. Please exile yourself to communist north korea, please, stop being a consumer...

Trebie 6

I must be reading this differently from everyone else. When I read the part at the end about digging the packaging out of a public bin in plain sight of the cashier, I took it to mean the customer had taken an unsold item, thrown away the packaging, and tried to get free money/store credit.Then when she was denied, she went to get the packaging, and upon being denied again, got angry that her scheme didn't work.

missbadluk 0

Since when does something have to be wring with the item fir someone to return it?? YDI.

bigbubbamike 0

if it werent for dumb rude ****** customers my job would be great

Haha! Got to love the public. Tell her that if she has a problem, to kindly report it to a manager, without cuss words or vulgarity. That simply makes you look like a fool.

jake7787 0

The customer is always right, except for the times when they're not! My family owns businesses and I have to deal with idiots like this quite often. Don't you just love stupid people.

she's the ******* idiot. i would have told her that after she told me that. she's the one who lost the receipt and the packaging. i work in retail, and pretty much the same thing has happened to me before, some guy tried to return a package of notebook paper, but it was just a stack of paper, no packaging, no receipt, so we can't return it without at least having an item number we can key in. the guy got pissed, threw an ink cartridge box at me, stormed out of the store, and embarrassed his wife while at it (she was nicer, but i guess she just left of embarrassment) ******* idiots they all are

Haha! He tried to return a stack of paper? I probably would've been fired for laughing so hard at him.

What customers often forget is that chances are they are not the only ones breaking policy. If you have 50 customers not bringing back packaging, breaking all the rules, and causing the store to lose money; then it's a lot bigger problem then making an acception for one customer. People only ever think about what applies to them and what they want. They seldom think about the bigger picture. I wish there was only one stupid customer.

If the customers always right and a call you a dumb bitch, you must be a dumb bitch.