Quiet

By Deborah - 27/10/2011 06:41 - United States

Today, I saw my upstairs neighbor outside getting the mail. She asked how my day was, and then apologized that the sound of her baby's crying through the walls kept me up last night. Apparently she heard me when I yelled at 2am for her fucking demon spawn to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 841
You deserved it 40 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AhhBrenid 8

At least she said she was sorry.

Sounds like you will be great parent material.

Comments

draisge 1

Wow, spoken like true breeders. Some people on this planet have decided - what with 7 billion people going on 9 billion - that maybe filling this already overcrowded planet with more babies isn't for us. And, believe it or not, we deserve some respect and courtesy too. Breeders' CHOICE to make babies should not be an excuse to INFLICT their infants/children on others, especially grownups who prefer the company of other grownups, and maybe, just maybe, some sleep. Yes, babies fuss and cry, but there is a world full of inattentive parents who do nothing to try to mitigate their crotch fruits' noise emissions. And don't ever get me started on restaurants. If your baby's idea of the perfect restaurant is a breast then maybe you should not be at a restaurant where I'm spending $100 for a romantic dinner and all I'm getting is 140 decibels of squalling child.

Geez, chip on your shoulder much? What? Did some mean baby upset poor widdle draisge while he was trying to eat? I hear what your trying to say... but you just said it in an idiotic way. Yes, some people should not be allowed to breed. And I am talking about the ones that abuse the welfare system, the ones that have their kids for no other reason than some wizard in the sky says they cannot abort the fetus, the ones that then go on to resent said child because they ruined their lives. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Yes, there are some people out there who shouldn't really be allowed to breed.... but don't go tarring everyone with the same brush. Some of us have kids because we want to pass the best bits of ourselves on to the next generation, because we want to give our love to somebody other than ourselves. But no no, your right. Goddam those awful people for opening their legs! Lets hope that nobody ever wants to breed with you ever again just in case they/you fall pregnant

lulzmylife 4

Dear 186, I freaking love you. Perfectly said.

Commenting like a douche bag doesn't help your case, #193. :D

It's not about wanting or not wanting kids. I don't have, nor do I ever want kids. It's about the futility of getting angry about something that is out of anyone's control. There will always be people with babies, and there will always be babies that cry. Get used to it, or be miserable for the rest of your life. If you choose the 2nd option, please do so quietly. I'd rather hear crying baby than your whining.

Well isn't that what you were going for when you yelled?

If you could hear the baby crying, what makes you think she wouldn't hear you yell?

RuskiManBearPig 4

Get off your high horses already who doesn't have a nasty thought or say bad things you don't mean but say them out of frustration, how would you feel if a kid was screamin his head off @ 2 in the mornin?

lulzmylife 4

I feel for you, OP. There is literally no sound in the world more annoying than a squalling crotch dropping that just won't shut up. And yes, I get that sometimes young kids cry and there's nothing the parents can do about it. But people who let their kids carry on and make complete nuisances out of themselves just because they refuse to discipline the abhorrent little brats? Those people can go DIAF. Morons who refuse to control their children shouldn't have them. And they most DEFINITELY shouldn't take them out in public. When I go out to dinner or a movie, I'm paying to have a good time, not to listen to your uncontrolled spawn tearing around shrieking its lungs out while you do nothing but issue a few halfhearted, completely ineffective shushing noises. Man, I freaking hate breeders.

kitsune3 20

And I hate people like you who ******* act all high and mighty. There are plenty of parents who do everything in their power to quiet their children, and often it doesn't work. They can't literally force the child to close it's mouth and stop making noise. They do not have god powers, okay? And neither do you. I pray you never have kids, for I fear if you do you may resort to stapling their mouths shut because you think you have the right to do w/e the **** you want so long as the kid is quiet. Get a life, tool.

You were once a "squalling crotch dropping" and judging by your comment it doesn't seem like you changed much. Rude assholes like you are worse than crying children

Well, #1 the mother heard HER through the walls saying that. OP did not yell at the mom or swear at the baby! She was alone in the dark sleeping and was awoken by the child. At which point she probably tolerated for quite a bit before getting to the state of yelling! The mom must have then realized," wow these walls are really thin!" I think OP knows what she did was not cool. That's why she posted it!

Actually, that's not the point already. The point is, he was cursing then the neighbor heard him and then apologized. I think op is ashamed of what he did.

I don't understand why people keep saying that if the parents wanted kids, they should have to deal with it. I'm pretty sure they were dealing with it, it's the OP who wasn't dealing with it. In short, being kept awake by a baby half the night sucks, no matter who you are. It isn't fair that the OP was kept awake by someone else's baby but it isn't fair to start yelling about it so the struggling parent can hear either. I think it's reasonable to expect that the OP knew the mother would hear, after all they could hear the baby, so obviously the other people would be able to hear yelling. The whole situation sucks for everyone.