Quiet

By Deborah - 27/10/2011 06:41 - United States

Today, I saw my upstairs neighbor outside getting the mail. She asked how my day was, and then apologized that the sound of her baby's crying through the walls kept me up last night. Apparently she heard me when I yelled at 2am for her fucking demon spawn to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 841
You deserved it 40 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AhhBrenid 8

At least she said she was sorry.

Sounds like you will be great parent material.

Comments

Mysexyfaith 0

It's pretty simply the people who comment and think Op is right don't have kids and the people who say shut up and deal with it have kids! Babies cry it's not a crime put some head phones on and grow up!

Mr_Sisson 1

im guessing most of you either have no kids or are just morons. What she did is NATURAL and even a lower stage of frustration that the majority of adults get with a crying baby. You wont believe it from my mouth so ask a dr. Wanting to strangle your kid sometimes is NATURAL, Just dont haul off and do it..... Its one thing to criticise her for saying that to her own child (which id still say was ok) but this was someone elses kid keeping her awake. My son has been sick all week going to bed around 2 and waking up a dozen times in between that and his sister waking up in the morning, screaming his head off till you rock him for 15 minutes or so. Ive called him a ******** and thats a normal thing. If you disagree then you have never had a parenting class and know NOTHING about psycology. I accept what i have to deal with because i chose to have these munchkins. But for lack of a better term she was a victom since she never signed on for a screaming baby, so shes justified. HOWEVER. i say those things to myself and not at any volume or tone he'd ever hear, so i recomend you learn to do the same miss Deb. Noone likes to have anyone else call their kid out of their name. My wife might have struck you for it.

Wow you're a total badass, yelling at the mother late at night to shut her baby up. I want to be just like you. [/sarcasm] It's normal to hate a baby's cry but YDI for being a bitch like that instead of talking to the mom or just straight up buying ear plugs.

All the people here saying that OP should just use earplugs are simply stupid. I assume OP has a JOB like some people do, and these poeple maybe uses a alarm clock to wake up in the morning. I guess you can figure out the rest, even if you were too stupid to figure it out in the first place.

Trebie 6

Also, ear plugs do exactly nothing except feel uncomfortable and maybe muffle the still distressing noise. Also, where exactly in the FML does it say that the baby had a colic or anything? I imagine that if the passive-aggressive mother felt a need to apologize, she would have delivered this information to OP for him/her to deliver. And I highly doubt she yelled it at the neighbors, but probably just yelled to blow off a little steam. Try and tell me with a straight face that you people have never gotten so frustrated that you yelled. The situation sucks and there's nothing OP can really do about it. If it brought about this level of rage then it either happens too often, or happened before a particularly important day, in which cases she isn't justified with yelling so loud, but more understandable.

OP is right. When a person chooses to have a baby, it becomes their responsibility, not anybody else's. So, if the mother can't calm her crying baby down, it's her who should make the walls soundproof, not the neighbors who actually have their own lives (and don't have anything to do with that baby).

this is just one reason why I dont want kids. i love how you called it a "demon spawn", that made me lol

Well, maybe apartment life isn't for you. When you live in one, you can't choose your neighbors. And you can't control how loud they or their children/guests are. Signing a lease is like rolling the dice...