Quiet

By Deborah - 27/10/2011 06:41 - United States

Today, I saw my upstairs neighbor outside getting the mail. She asked how my day was, and then apologized that the sound of her baby's crying through the walls kept me up last night. Apparently she heard me when I yelled at 2am for her fucking demon spawn to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 841
You deserved it 40 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AhhBrenid 8

At least she said she was sorry.

Sounds like you will be great parent material.

Comments

drwshark 1

I don't get why people are voting ydi, and calling op a jerk. I'm sure op didn't actually mean "demon spawn". If YOU were kept up until 2am by a crying baby, I'm sure you would say something rude that you didn't mean either. Op is not a total jackass just because he/she lost control, and said one rude thing.

gabrielbaby 9

I think it has more to do with the comments like "parents are stupid and deserve this" from unknowing children, vs the actual thing. Because saying that is really offensive and definitely starts up some arguments. I understand that they were tired and I've done that too, I do it alot. I think some people are just being rude ad piasing others off. Or at least for part of the vote

I can be a bitch like OP as well, no passive aggressiveness here. Thank god she doesn't live near me. If anyone ever said anything like that about my child, OP would be punched out. Come to me and let me know politely and that's different and I would try to make my child be quiet. I had a bitch of a neighbour once and thank god she was only rude once before she was put in her place.

RoxxyHustle 7

If OP could hear the baby crying. . . .why would she think they wouldn't hear her yelling at it?

Babies cry and dogs bark. If you can't handle that, go live in the middle of a desert. No one will bother you there.

I can't believe how inconsiderate the OP is. I can imagine this poor lady trying to put her little one to sleep, but the baby won't fall asleep no matter what she does. To have some asshole neighbor yell about it is not helping the situation. The victim isn't you, OP. If you don't feel like shit after this, then you are without humanity. Oh, wait, maybe the "demon" baby has no humanity. Douche.

_Krijs 5

People saying YDI obviously have never been in such a situation. I can guarantee that if you were in their situation, you'd do something similar. When you're tired, you're cranky, it's bound to happen. Get over yourselves, you're not fricken saints. I do have to say, it was a pretty silly assumption to think they wouldn't hear you shouting when you could hear the baby crying - then again, I doubt you even thought about it at the time. It sucks. Get some noise cancelling ear muffs or something to try and block out the noise. Or move.

soursberries 0

Wow that was really rude of you. Great way to get along with your neighbor. Babies cry get over it.

Babies cry. That's what they do, as it's their only form of communication for many months. Yelling at the parents really doesn't help the situation. Please don't breed before learning some patience.

I remember being in an identical situation. Instead of yelling, I thought smugly to myself about how glad I was that I didn't have to console a screaming kid at 3am. And then I went back to sleep.

misscry 0

I don't know why I'm finding this so hilarious! Every time I read it, I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt.