Protip

By Pokemon problems - 23/10/2012 22:00 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I babysat a 10-year-old and we played Pokémon. It was my first time playing, so he showed me. I ended up winning and the kid started crying and told his parents he hated me. They decided not to pay me for the night, and now I'm out of a job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 531
You deserved it 4 821

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you explain to the parents what happened? If you did and they still refused to pay you they are total douchebags. Ask your parents to get involved and get you your money.

Maybe it's an opportunity for u to drop ur babysitting career and become a Pokemon trainer

Comments

I have to wonder...did he let you choose any pokemon and you chose all legendaries? If so, I'd probably be annoyed too. Of course, it's no excuse for the parents behaviour, but, just saying, it's kinda bad poke-etiquette. In any case, I guess, start putting up posters and try to find a new client?

All legendaries do not necessarily mean a better team....

It says it was her first time playing, so I'm pretty sure she didn't know the difference between legendary pokemons to non-legendary pokemons. She probably won by pure luck.

32 - True, but I think it's still kinda douchey. They're not always better, and even if they are that doesn't mean they're unbeatable, but it's still annoying when someone does pick pokes with much higher stats, especially when they do it repeatedly. Still, as 34 said, as a first time player she may not even know which pokes are and aren't legendary anyways. Though, on the other hand, if she doesn't know much about them it's possible she may choose legendaries as they might be most familiar to her as they feature on the box art, dvd covers, etc. Them and Pikachu anyway.

NerdyPanther09 6

There is no excuse for the parents being upset or paying. A child that can't handle losing as a kid is gonna grow up to be a spoiled douchebag.

And get knocked to his/her ass when he realizes life isn't fair and you don't always win.

bleedingglitter 24

Agreed. 10 yrs old is much too old to be crying when you lose at things. He needs to stop being allowed to win at everything.

Who needs a job, when you can catch 'em all :)

Don't you now the kid has to win. After all, it is called 'baby'-sitting.

perdix 29

Play a game with the parents called Small Claims Court. You'll win and they'll start crying, but you'll have triple your money.

That's horrible parenting right there, to teach the kid that if he ever loses he can just cry like a little bitch until he gets what he wants. FYL, OP.

The_F3rris 11

Well, when the kid becomes a teen they can have so much fun dealing with the nightmare they created.

I would've refused to leave until they paid me for your time with their whinny bitch ass kid

I meant I wouldve refused to leave until they paid me for my time with their whiny bitch ass kid.