Pretend it's snowing

By babypenguin00 - 29/08/2015 19:20 - United States - Newark

Today, marks the third girlfriend in a row that has broken up with me for my terrible dandruff. I can't control it as I was born with psoriasis. All three girls called me pathetic for "making up" a disease to try to get them to stay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 303
You deserved it 1 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DMA0712 22

If they aren't going to accept you just because of something you were born with, and then accuse you of lying about it, you're better off without them. Chin up OP, you'll find better.

Wizardo 33

If you see a dermatologist they can hopefully gibe you medicine to help control the condition. In the meantime, I recommend using Neutrogena T/Gel, they have a specific one that caters to helping with psoriasis!

Comments

neuronerd 28

An ex of mine had severe psoriasis, and Humira worked wonders for him. It does work by suppressing the immune system, so you do need to be otherwise healthy. I absolutely adored him (until he started doing drugs and cheating), so know there are girls who don't think psoriasis is an issue.

My husband has it too, it's a dreadful thing to have. Those girls are not worth anything if they think that psoriasis is some made-up condition!

The more comments I read the more I am convinced I have a mild case (lucky me I guess given what others have said) since typical anti-dandruff approaches do bugger all. Good luck OP, best not to have petty shallow people as your partner, let karma tarnish their "perfect" bodies forever :-)

Try washing your hair in bicarbonate soda & apple cider vinegar then once you're out of the shower add a little lavender oil.

But I have to say, if they are accusing you of making stuff up to get them to stay it sounds like you're begging of being a little pathetic. Hope not, feeling sorry for yourself is not attractive

I'm sorry for their ignorance. my husband has that. he started a treatment where he gets shots... im not sure what it's called. maybe you should check it out. Good luck. you'll find someone who's not shallow soon.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Psoriasis runs in my family but my dad has a special shampoo he uses to keep his head from getting too bad.

Yeah if it were me I do a google search or webmd search before I called you a liar because there are so many conditions that are rare also I hope those bitch of girls see this fml and feel bad for dumping you without proof you were lying

I hate to say it but maybe that was their scape goat? I couldn't imagine someone let alone three people leaving over something you were born with. They knew you had it from the get go.

breezyblue33 19

I have psoriasis, too, OP, so I know how you feel. That sucks that the women you've dated so far have been so shallow. Maybe if you mentioned that Kim Kardashian also has P, something would have clicked in their brains. It took me a while to find someone who accepted me -- spots and all -- so just keep your head up and don't give up looking for someone who will love and accept you, too.