Pretend it's snowing

By babypenguin00 - 29/08/2015 19:20 - United States - Newark

Today, marks the third girlfriend in a row that has broken up with me for my terrible dandruff. I can't control it as I was born with psoriasis. All three girls called me pathetic for "making up" a disease to try to get them to stay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 301
You deserved it 1 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DMA0712 22

If they aren't going to accept you just because of something you were born with, and then accuse you of lying about it, you're better off without them. Chin up OP, you'll find better.

Wizardo 33

If you see a dermatologist they can hopefully gibe you medicine to help control the condition. In the meantime, I recommend using Neutrogena T/Gel, they have a specific one that caters to helping with psoriasis!

Comments

I have seborrhic dermatitis so this hits home for me. I have only told 3 people about it (aside from family) because I was so embarrassed; I used to have such large scales on my scalp that my hair started falling out and it was just horrendous. Luckily I am able to keep it at bay with Fluconazole I believe it's called. I'm sure you've already gone to multiple dermatologists but if you haven't and if you can you definitely should because they may have just the answer you're looking for. I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart, OP.

I ran out of time to edit, but I really want to say, if you want to message me to talk to someone who understands a lot about where you're coming from, you're more than welcome to OP.

I also have seborrhic dermatitis, not only my scalp but also in my groin area as well as other parts of the body. I didn't seek help for a very long time, but when I finally did it was one if the best decisions I've done in my life.. stupid rnot to really. luckily I have a wonderful girlfriend who not only accepts it but actively tries to help me and loves to "pick clean" my affected areas. oh and on top of whatever medicine your doctor prescribes I highly recommend lots of sunlight and salt baths!! @OP forget those immature girls and get yourself a real woman who appreciates you for who you are.. even your "faults".

EdenZombies 9

Whatever you did worked, because you have beautiful hair. That face is bonus, too. =>

moo77_fml 20

Have you tried aloe Vera my friend... Drop me a message on [email protected] if you want more information ?.. Will be happy to assist .. And those girls didn't deserve you mate!!

God, you Forever Living salespeople never miss an opportunity, do you?

TabooSushi 24

I feel your pain, OP. I'm in the same boat, along with my little sister. We were both teased mercilessly growing up because we always had what seemed like dandruff but was really just our inherited skin condition. Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo works wonders! It smells TERRIBLE, but it has a companion conditioner that helps to cut the smell down a little bit afterward. I also use a coconut and tea tree oil treatment once a week, and that helps tons. You just use about 1/4 cup of virgin, unrefined coconut oil, mix in about five to ten drops of tea tree oil, and then work it all the way through your hair and into your scalp. Let it sit at least two hours, or better yet throw on a shower cap and sleep with it in your hair overnight, and then rinse it out with warm water and a LIGHT shampooing (you don't want to scrub ALL the oil out or you'll defeat the purpose, just rinse enough to get the excess out). It also helps if you don't take super hot showers, hot water dries out your skin even more than psoriasis already does. Cold/lukewarm water is your friend. Sorry for the TL;DR, but if you read this, I hope it helps you. Good luck, OP, and don't worry: Someday you will find someone who doesn't care about something as superficial as an incurable skin condition. :)

I second the coconut oil. I also have this condition and put a lot of prescribed topical steroids on it which only thinned the skin and made it break open and bleed. The coconut oil is a natural anti-inflammatory which has helped my scalp tremendously. Good luck- I sympathize. This is an awful condition and people don't realize it is part of an auto immune disease.

I'd also recommend taking oat baths; put some oats in some old tights, tie them up and run a bath through them. Have a good old soak, read a book and it should help hydrate and soften your skin :)

I still do that oat bath thing, works wonders for my dry skin. I'm terrible with getting ladders in my tights so I never find myself in short supply!

They're idiots. You're too good for them. By the way, I have the same problem, but also on the palms of my hands. I hope you feel better, I know how brutal psoriasis can be.

At this point you should probably change the type of girl you're dating.

Oh wow those girls are jerks. My boyfriend of almost 3 years has psoriasis, and I always brush flakes off his shoulders when I'm with him. I've never had a problem with it!

You should definitely start dating smarter women ... Psoriasis isn't an unknown condition, and a quick look on Internet could have helped them. I think THEY were making up an excuse ! I don't have any tips for you, but I hope you find someone who will overlook your condition and not act like a bitch about it, good luck OP ! :)

My husband has psoriasis. Because of insurance issues, he had to endure a long time without medication. It came to cover over 80% of his body and it caused him so much pain I couldn't even hug him. I helped him enroll in a drug trial program, and his skin almost completely cleared up. Two years later we got married, and now he gets his medication through my insurance. Someday you will find someone who will love you like I love my husband and who will help you cope with your condition.

Hope one of them sees this and comes back OP...

ViviMage 38

I use neutragena T-Gel, and tea tree oil cleansing conditioner made by wen. It helps a lot. I have not had bleeding scabs in my hair in years, If your old standby isn't working, throw it a curveball and try a new brand for a while. Also, take selsen blue or a brand of choice, dab it on the scab, and leave it there for a few minutes while showering. You can use shampoo on your normal skin. It also helps to brush your hair prior to shampooing to lift the roofs off a bit. You could try Remicade, but that is a life long IV and really expensive.