Pest control

By sigh - 13/04/2016 02:10 - United States - Charlotte

Today, my new neighbor offered to "humanely capture and relocate" the squirrels in my attic. He then "humanely" shot at them with a BB gun, and the "relocated" them into his stomach once they were killed. Welcome to the neighborhood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 799
You deserved it 2 529

Same thing different taste

Comments

TheSiraffe 16

I don't see the problem. If the kill was humane and he ate it, then it's fine. Also I assume you're in city limits and he didn't use a firearm so he's fine there. The only problem I could see with it is if squirrels have a season where you are.

In most states, even if there is a season you can kill nuisance animals as long as you have a valid hunting license.

Many states don't require a hunting license on private property for nuisance animals.

Hey, OP here. I was going to call a professional, but since the creepy bastard said it would be humane, I allowed him to "relocate them".

Publikwerks 14

Well, if he killed them quickly, then it was humane. It's weird, and definetly not what you agreed too, but at least he wasn't wearing your clothes while he did it.

TheSiraffe 16

How is he creepy? Literally all he did was hunt small game and eat it. At least he didn't throw it away or leave it where he killed it

The neighbour shouldn't have LIED for God's sake!!! OP isn't criticizing the fact that some people eat squirrels or not... & Maybe OP likes animals and doesn't want them dead when not necessary...

This is kind of like when people tell you how horrible it is to hunt or fish because you kill things, while they are in the process of eating a steak.

#82, lying makes him creepy? yeah he should have said he was going to hunt them, but that doesn't make him creepy. just makes him dishonest. if he was a good shot, I'd rather the animals get a clean, quick kill and then eaten than poisoned for a slow death and wasted, or trapped and spend ages freaking out and potentially die from stress which is far less kind, then relocated to an area that they don't know, have no shelter and potentially starve and getting attacked by the animals that already have that territory, not to mention potentially overloading available food sources so multiple animals end up starving.

So? That sorta things expected round here.

A lot of people commenting are missing the point. OP didn't want them killed and eaten, and the neighbour specifically said "relocated", meaning they would likely be alive! OP didn't want them killed, and if he knew he probably would have called a non kill professional.

well technically they were relocated... To a cooking pot at his house. They are no longer in OP's house. Not everyone may agree with that, but squirrel hunting is a thing, usually done in a wooded area but still a thing. As long as he didn't make the squirrel suffer it was done "humanely" as well. OP no longer has a squirrel problem in their home and someone got a decent meal out of it.

Most of the time when you remove a nuisance animal from a domicile it tends to return if not taken far enough away.

Squirrel is actually pretty good meat. Js

I think, that with "humanly" he meant: "Alright, let me do what ever I want to do with them!!", I guess.

LyingBlood 8