Pest control

By sigh - 13/04/2016 02:10 - United States - Charlotte

Today, my new neighbor offered to "humanely capture and relocate" the squirrels in my attic. He then "humanely" shot at them with a BB gun, and the "relocated" them into his stomach once they were killed. Welcome to the neighborhood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 798
You deserved it 2 529

Same thing different taste

Comments

He's a dick for lying he could just asked if it was okay with you if he could hunt them.

Hey, at least there'll be some intriguing stories to tell your friends.

I live in the south, and I see nothing wrong with this. It is expected for something like this to happen here.

It's expected that people lie? If he had been honest to OP and told them what he was going to do I don't see any fault in it, but tricking someone like that is not acceptable.

Mcstud1y 30

Either way he got the job done

don't have squirrels in Australia, but growing up in the country my thoughts were that it's humane as long as he was a good shot. nothing worse than the idiots that can't make a clean/instantaneous kill (head shot/cervical dislocation). OK, so he probably should have said he was going to hunt/eat them, but here even my school had a guy that came out every so often and shot the pigeons to take home. personally, if it's a wild animal or raised as a meat source, it's dinner. squirrel is a rodent, and rabbit/hare/rat/mouse/guinea pig are pretty good, so imagine it'd be the same.

CheekyRaccoon 27

Hopefully I dont get "humanly captured and relocated" by your neighbour one day. He does throw out lots of good food though..

You trash pandas are a sneaky bunch, so I bet it'll be a while till he is able to "capture and relocate" you

#85 I don't think anyone was confused whatsoever about the animal in question.

hipposteve 21

To each their own, but this is disturbing.

This is an everyday thing from where im at. Squirrels literally taste like chicken

Wild squirrels can be dangerous to eat and should really only be gotten from a good source if they're for consumption. They are carriers of tapeworm larva that can be passed to humans. They also carry rabies, which can be contracted if meat isn't cooked properly, and the disease is largely untreatable. Most importantly though, they can carry prions, infectious particles that do not get killed with cooking, are also not treatable once contracted, and result in a painful death. For reference, Mad Cow Disease or the human version, Creutzfeldt–Jakob Disease, are types of prions.

I've grown up eating squirrel, as my family hunted as our main meat source for generations. I live in an area where hunting is still a main source of meat. As long as you examine the meat properly and know what you're doing, odds are you won't get sick. I've never know a person to get sick from squirrel or rabbit meat, but it's always been killed and cleaned by an experienced hunter.

Yes, while rabies in small rodents isn't as common, they still can get infected with the virus. Which can be spread to humans if bitten or with some kind of invasive contact. You're more likely to get the prions from squirrels though, and in my opinion they're much worse.

If you know what you're doing it should be fine. That's why I said it should come from a good source if it's wild. You need to either, know what you're doing, or get it from someone who does.

Squirrels aren't commonly rabid (as with most rodents), and you'll only get tapeworms if you eat fleas off of the squirrel. That being said, squirrel meat is nasty anyway.

And we eat meat we kill all the time. we aren't worried

Shay_Shay97 23

Maybe they just moved from another state. I don't think most people from NC would actually be surprised this happened.

Who cares? You should've done it yourself