Heartless

By Anonymous - 04/09/2012 17:26 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, at a supermarket entrance, a seemingly drunk old lady said, "Sir?" as I passed by. I just ignored her and walked in. When I walked out with my groceries fifteen minutes later, several people were standing around her, calling for an ambulance. She'd passed out on the ground. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 402
You deserved it 58 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I don't see why you wouldn't have just asked what she needed, instead of ignoring her COMPLETELY... :/

Why did you ignore her?! Even as a courtesy you should at least see what's wrong and if she looks bad get help for her!

Comments

Heart attacks and strokes often seem drunk or sluring of speech pay more attention and stop acting so high an mighty

^ Diabetic emergencies in some people make them appear to be drunk as well sometimes. So can dehydration and 1000 other medical problems. She was having a problem and it sounds like she was asking Op for assistance. So far, my opinion of Op is that he, is a self-centered dick. :p

Less than 10% of the people complaining about OP being a jerk would ever help someone like that, let alone pay attention. Stop acting like you all bring food and clothes to the homeless everyday. The majority of homeless are drunk 100% of the time, just because seeming drunk is a symptom of some very bad things doesn't mean that old lady wasn't drunk out her ass and passed out from that. Stop acting like such giving people.

What the ****? if some hot chick asked you for help would you stop? What's the ******* difference? When someone asks you for help and you don't even ask what's wrong your a complete bitch.....

Ignoring a person who is not addressing you is one thing, ignoring someone who asks for assistance is a another. Whenever someone tries to get my attention in a non-offensive way I give it to them. It costs me nothing to do so. If they request something I am unable or unwilling to give I polity decline. If it is something I am willing and able to give I give it to them. If I see someone in clear distress I try and help. When I ask for assistance from others I am generally given it, or at least heard out. Just because you're a self-centered ass don't try and say "Everyone else is" to excuse yourself, because no, not everyone else is, you just want to feel better about how pathetic you are.

Just so everyone knows the old lady said sir. She didn't ask for help. Not justifying OPs ignoring her, just clearing up what's in the post. But yeah OP you should have atleast seen what she needed. Would it really have been a bother to take 10 seconds to see what she needed?

I'm sorry Quidikic, but the difference between your little useless rant and OP's situation is that OP deliberately ignored an old woman who CALLED OUT TO HIM. Even if she was drunk, you should at least acknowledge her since she called out to you. And don't speak for all of us. You have no right to throw such blind accusations to people who you might never know. Statistics is bullshit when it comes to a comments section, not society.

that's a sin! you never know do it's always safe to just at least see what they want just in case things happen like in your case! I know you must feel bad though

SenselessPattern 12

Whoah, don't start the religion wars here folks. Instead focus on the grammar. It'll bring us all together.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Yeah guys it's a sin. 'Thou shall not ignore inebriated elderly folk.' -The Bible.

It's not your fault. You didn't know she was going to pass out. Chin up, OP.

"Who am I to be blind Pretending not to see their needs" ***"I'm starting with the man in the mirror I'm asking him to change his ways"

There was no karma in this story. I am sure, however, that karma will procede to be a bitch some time in OP's near future.

LeenetteSwagg 0

Your ******* rude as **** ! It's an elderly lady and she said sir wtf, don't Just ignore her.! What if that was your mom or grandma? How would you like that if some one ignored your mom or grandma..??

you'd probably ignore her if your mind was away and you're busy i'd be mad if it was my grandma but anyone would be

Wow,judge much? So your telling me that when you're in a hurry you've never ignored someone or raced by someone without a glance or acknowledgment? He already feels bad about it so get off your high horse you troll.

desireev 17

That terrible, guilty feeling you're experiencing right now.. Yeah, YOU DESERVE IT!!! If a complete stranger goes out of their way to talk to you, you're either; A: sexy as hell. B: being asked for money. Or C: something is WRONG! This is what you get for being a total dick!

desireev 17

Did I forget to mention that YOU DESERVE IT?? Karma will catch up with you! Have fun with that! :)

Problem is, when a disheveled looking person who appears to be drunk calls out to me, I'm almost always expecting option B. And that's why I don't fault OP for what he did.