Heartless

By Anonymous - 04/09/2012 17:26 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, at a supermarket entrance, a seemingly drunk old lady said, "Sir?" as I passed by. I just ignored her and walked in. When I walked out with my groceries fifteen minutes later, several people were standing around her, calling for an ambulance. She'd passed out on the ground. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 402
You deserved it 58 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I don't see why you wouldn't have just asked what she needed, instead of ignoring her COMPLETELY... :/

Why did you ignore her?! Even as a courtesy you should at least see what's wrong and if she looks bad get help for her!

Comments

I gotta defend this guy and point out that there was really no reason to stop just because some stranger tried to say hi, which from the person's point of view was what she was trying to do. I know I do the same thing because I'm a fairly shy person who tends to avoid strangers, especially ones trying to get to talk to me out of the blue. I find it very odd and probably would've walked away at a quick pace myself. Everyone needs to stop acting so high and mighty about what they would've done, and be honest with themselves. 9 out of 10 times you aren't going to stop for some random stranger who's talking to you for no apparent reason.

Your second point was unnecessary. You cannot judge an entire group of people of what they would do in situations like this. "9 times out of 10..." And yeah? Have you met these people? Have you ever seen their qualities, morality, and their personality to come up with such a statistic? No. Hell, i'm shy and I would notice anyone calling to me.

That's not the point, genius. You also contradict yourself. You cannot speak for them either, as you ALSO do not know if they would or would not. You cannot justify defending them.

I know I would've stopped, but holy mother of Mary and Joseph. Common flipping sense? On the internet? Poor old lady indeed, but these people are the biggest bunch of idiots I've ever seen. I have $50 that says at least HALF of you fell for the Kony 2012 bullshit. (Unlike what I told #161, I don't know for sure. I'd be gambling. Suck it.)

I don't agree with his decision but I have to say I hate communicating with drunk people

I'm glad I gave a homeless guy my water bottle on this hot day. Even if the person seems off it doesn't hurt to give them an ear. Like for me, It turned out the rude demanding homeless guy was just really dehydrated & miserable & needed something to drink.

mrsmaglietta 6
habibiiiiiii 2

You bastard! You didn't have to completely ignore the old woman.