Heartless

By Anonymous - 04/09/2012 17:26 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, at a supermarket entrance, a seemingly drunk old lady said, "Sir?" as I passed by. I just ignored her and walked in. When I walked out with my groceries fifteen minutes later, several people were standing around her, calling for an ambulance. She'd passed out on the ground. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 402
You deserved it 58 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I don't see why you wouldn't have just asked what she needed, instead of ignoring her COMPLETELY... :/

Why did you ignore her?! Even as a courtesy you should at least see what's wrong and if she looks bad get help for her!

Comments

Cassandrax731 5

I was at a concert at Six Flags one day, and it was pretty crowded. A girl stumbled through the crowd, pushed people and practically fell into them. Her friend behind her was saying things like "C'mon it's not funny!" I really thought she was either drunk or trying to be funny or both, but as soon as she made it out of the crowd, she passed out. People rushed to her aid, her friend was distraught, a woman (I think her mom) was getting emotional. It was outdoors, pretty sunny, and with no drink, it was easy to become dehydrated. Moral of the story: Next time don't be an asshole.

I'm sorry op I get it, where I live is a old people retirement haven and most of them are drunk and crazy most of the time so I probably would have thought the same.

Didn't mean to sound mean by the way,op should have helped but everyone is jumping down their throat i just wanted to say I see how it could happen

bs0092 12

F$&ck bag,, that could have been someone's mom!! How would you feel!!

Sounds like hypoglycemia. Poor old lady!

Roskosity 22
uhnevermind 24

Everyone is saying you deserve it, but pretty much anyone would have just ignored her. FYL OP. The real people who need to act better are the ones here who won't admit that they'd do the same.

my thoughts exactly, they tell op to get off his horse yet, were are they?

Um no. I would have paid attention to her; and when I see someone that looks ill I ask them if they're alright. But who am I? I'm just a person who cares about others.

Yea no. I always acknowledge people, homeless drunk or sober. I even give homeless people money. It's completely disrespectful to ignore someone that politely called out to you. Especially your elders. He completely deserved it and sounding like it from you, you need to get off of your high horse. There's still good people out here.

I agree with you completely. Some people seem to find it "disrespectful" of OP to have passed by without sparing her more than a glance. She was acting drunk and drunk people aren't always the best people to converse with - you can get yourself into some serious trouble and self-preservation isn't something you should get in trouble for. She could have been out to mess with OP for all we know - it just didn't happen to be the case this time. As I rule I don't trust strangers - there's no reason for me to do so and I would have done the same. No sense in staying to talk with her - she could have gotten violent if she was acting in a volatile way. Humans can be terrible, incredibly so, and there's nothing wrong with putting yourself first in certain situations. I'm on OP's side in this - I think OP did right and I wouldn't have done anything differently had I been in OP's situation.

Where did you leave your manners? If someone was calling you, you should answer. Even if it's someone you don't want to talk to, it might be something important.

How could you be that heartless to an old lady ??? Ever heard the phrase "respect your elders" ??? It's a good phrase to follow .

Ya, I would've kept walking too. Besides, 99% of the time OP would've been right to ignore her and the old lady would've been drunk and irritating. I don't get why this is a FML though.. It's not like anyone saw you ignore her as she passed out.

If you live in a big city and have someone ask you for change or to buy you cigarettes or buy you a drink every damn door, yo learn to get edgy and block them out before wasting 2 minutes of your time explaining the jingling in your pocket isn't change.. I'm charitable to a few donations but I don't donate to every poor beggar on the street.. Sorry to those of you who have an alter ego where you talk to EVERY body, but no one is perfect. I feel you OP. don't worry about it; if she was in trouble she would have walked into the grocer instead of standing at the door.

80, calling you a retard would be an understatement. How is she supposed to walk into the store when she is seconds away from passing out? Maybe, oh I don't know, OP shouldn't have been such a prick and OP could have at least said, " Sorry, I can't help you ma'am," and just walked away.