By PatientlyDying - 15/06/2015 23:07 - United States - Plano

Today, while talking to my parents, I dropped an ordinary drinking glass. After I apologized and cleaned the mess, they told me that they had decided that if I couldn't be careful at home, I certainly couldn't be careful on the roads. They took away my keys. I'm 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 647
You deserved it 2 783

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

People make mistakes. You made a simple human mistake, apologized, and fixed it. You did nothing wrong. Some parents just have giant sticks up their asses and are begging for an excuse to be dicks.

Wow, that's what I call an overreaction. Seems to me like they might be taking your keys for some other stupid reason they're not telling you.

Comments

lexiieeex3 32

People make mistakes. You made a simple human mistake, apologized, and fixed it. You did nothing wrong. Some parents just have giant sticks up their asses and are begging for an excuse to be dicks.

jimmer23 21

We need a great hero, like Kevin Bacon, to teach the parents to not have sticks in their asses.

What? Tell your parents that that's the wrong kind of drinking before driving..

You guys are so mean with all these down votes ?

And both of you are a special type of impudent and discourteous

Aww you're butthurt on fml. Congrats, I guess?

MikaykayUnicorn 36

People are rude because you failed to read the FML properly?

Don't worry #2, I got your joke and I thought it was funny.

Well at least that shattered any chances of you drinking and driving. No, but seriously, I love driving. That sucks. :(

Sounds like you've "broken" their trust, and "shattered" any chance of you getting your keys back.

Sounds like you "broke" that pun and "shattered" your chances of getting thumbs up.

noonenoeone 22

Pro tip: Google the definition before you use a word incorrectly, especially if you're trying to correct/advise someone.

Do you think that they meant, "enquote," meaning: to put into quotation marks?

_guy_j 12

Good job, Grams! You win again

CharlesEmersonW 31

Overprotective parents most likely. Don't worry man, maybe they've had a bad day or something and just sort of took it out on you. It's gonna be fine in the end, you'll see. Best of luck !

CharlesEmersonW 31

We all do "stupid" things. Family is family, and it's one of the most important things in life. I don't think it's stupid, it's at best a overreaction :)

Wow, that's what I call an overreaction. Seems to me like they might be taking your keys for some other stupid reason they're not telling you.

As somebody who grew up with parents who acted exactly like this, I can confirm that they were in fact looking for a reason to take your keys away but they didn't want to tell you the real reason they wanted to take them away.

well that must be driving you crazy! sucks though hope you get them back soon!

jawarston 24

time to pull the tity out the mouth buddy

noonenoeone 22

He's saying the 19 year old needs to be more independent. Your an adult and ur parents can't take your keys away...unless they own your car in which case #8 is right and OP should be more self sufficient if they don't want to abide by someone's totalitarianistic rules.

leogachi 15

Some people just don't have the means to live on their own, though. I don't want to make an assumption on Op's part, but if he can't afford to move out yet then telling him to be more self sufficient is much easier said than done.

i've heard of overreacting but this level of it is new to me.

JayVicious 20