False alarm

By Anonymous - 31/10/2015 16:41 - United Kingdom - Houghton Le Spring

Today, I was at the airport waiting for my flight to leave for Hawaii when I received an urgent call from my neighbour saying that my house had been broken into. After rushing home and missing my flight, I had to explain to the police that my house wasn't burgled, it was just very messy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 718
You deserved it 5 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How messy does your house have to be to make people think that someone broke in? Clean up every once in a while OP. YDI in my opinion.

why on earth would it be so messy that your neighbor thought you got burgled?

Comments

They probably meant well, but they shouldn't be so nosey. Can't believe people are saying it's somehow your fault.

If he's that much of a slob, how is it not his fault ?

Maybe take the time to clean proper and you would have saved yourself some embarrassment....

I can understand things getting messy, but leaving town with a mess? Everything smells bad when you get back and you just want to get in a little more relaxation before you go back to work.

And that's why you always clean your house before going on a trip.

At least your neighbors are concerned about you? Or maybe they're just snoopy.

YDI. Your house shouldn't have been that messy. You don't deserve a vacation. Hire a made if your gonna be lazy.

How messy is it, is there a broken window because that would explain a lot

mwali02 32

If your house is so dirty that the neighbors thought you were robbed, maybe you should spend money on the housekeeping services instead of trips to Hawaii. Good luck with that...

Um. Why was your neighbor in your house...