Detained

By Anonymous - 25/02/2015 10:33 - Australia - Maddington

Today, I got pulled over for speaking on my phone. I accepted the fine because I was too ashamed to tell the cute officer that I was actually trying to pop a huge pimple on my cheek. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 236
You deserved it 13 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you got the cute officer's number you deserve it!

How do you pop a pimple while you're driving? You deserve it

Comments

why would you lie and take a ticket? should've just told him. he wouldn't of care. it's not like you know the officer. YDI

*wouldn't 've cared. would not have "Wouldn't of" makes no sense.

He probably noticed the huge red mark anyway.

ouijacorn 9

That's also something you shouldn't do while driving because A. it's unsafe and B. it's just nasty. Wait til you get home to do shit like that.

Shoulda swallowed yer pride, mate. Ain't like you gonna see him again. Actually popping a pimple is still distracted driving.

sorry op, but ydi. to pop a pimple you have to take your eyes off the road. bad thing when driving. at least talking on the phone keeps your eyes on the road.

skehar 23

Why would you pay money just to avoid a slightly embarrassing situation? I'm sure you'll never see that cop again.

YDI. A couple hundred dollars isn't worth a 30 second embarrassment in front of somebody you'll never see again.

On top of this, OP now has demerit points, if he/she didn't before so now his/her 3rd party insurance premium will go up.

Plus, op could have just said she was scratching/rubbing her face. She doesn't have to actually say she was popping the zit to get the point across that she wasn't on the phone. She could even show the cop her phone and check the time of the last call made and prove she wasn't on it. Lots of ways around this op, and definitely not worth paying the large amount of money. I would fight it if I were you. They would most likely drop the ticket price in half (at least they often do where I live). My dad has fought a few tickets and gotten the price down by half.

Honestly that's not an FML that's just stupid. No offense meant and hopefully your 20/20 hindsight has kicked in

Apparently not... they couldnt even tell the officer what they were doing. I doubt OP would be like "hey give me your number"