Dingus friends

By Anonymous - 25/02/2015 11:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I was telling my friends that I'd gotten a paid position to cover a worker's bereavement leave for the next three weeks. They then called me an insensitive bitch for "profiting from someone else's misfortune." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 609
You deserved it 2 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nice friends you have there, OP. Just ignore them, it's your job so it's not their concern.

You're a good coworker to cover for someone for three weeks. Don't listen to your friends.

Comments

Nice friends you have there, OP. Just ignore them, it's your job so it's not their concern.

That is ******! Did you tell them you're only temporarily covering the position until he/she gets back? You need new friends!

Also tell them that if you didn't cover the position, the boss would have a lot of work not being done (losing money) and the coworker would come back after a hard & emotional time to mounds of work and paperwork! Your friends sound stupid op. Try and explain it to them nice and slowly adding that if you didn't do it someone else would have to & that it's actually helping the coworker out. If they still don't get it, just ignore them because they obviously can't comprehend the situation.

Unless you killed the person's loved one knowing you would get the job it's not really your fault. You need some more supportive friends

You're a good coworker to cover for someone for three weeks. Don't listen to your friends.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I took it as a temp job the way OP worded it.

I think you're right. Either way the OP is helping the person out. So good job for her.

cooltatgar 31
JuliaaNoelle 26

I apologize on your friends' behalf for being so stupid. How could they all come to the same conclusion? I'm surprised no one backed you up. Depending on how many friends were there I guess.

You have two options: "Sorry boss, but my friends say I'm an insensitive bitch for taking this three week job offer. Therefore, because I don't have a spine, I'll quit instead." Or; "My dear judgmental friends, kindly go back to your burger flipping jobs and mind yourself."

Your friend is a dumb bitch.... Sorry for the loss, hope things work out .

Read it as your loss for some reason. Either way you should feel good for helping out.

I liked your comment because it implied the loss of these idiot friends, by OP dumping their ignorant asses. You came off pretty sharp there, to me, buddy.

everyone knows one man's loss is another's gain, even if it wasn't the intention. it's not your fault they're paying you, and someone has to cover it!