Buckle up

By Anonymous - 10/12/2011 02:55 - Canada

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me for a familiar reason; I apparently have night terrors that make me "Impossible to sleep in the same room with." I don't ever remember these dreams. Every other girlfriend I've had has ended up breaking things off with me for the same reason. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 508
You deserved it 4 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People rarely remember night terrors, not your fault. Just find a nice deaf girl.

Comments

FYLDeep 25

I don't think you're supposed to remember "night terrors". If I recall correctly those occur at a stage of sleep other than REM sleep which is where normal dreaming occurs. I think this also makes them more difficult to control. Dreams are heavily correlated to whatever you're experiencing in life. If you're having bad dreams you can possibly improve them by improving your life. I believe "night terrors" are a little more arbitrary in nature.

FYLDeep 25

No, I paid attention in that psychology class I took like 5 years ago.

The people you're dating sound incredibly selfish, insensitive, and immature. Find someone new with some understanding!

marisadc79 0

Wow that sucks, I've had night terrors most of my life, thankfully they've never caused me relationship problems. Those girls obviously weren't right for you, if they loved you they'd deal with it. F**k their lives for leaving you over something you can't control.

Wow, they could just sleep in a different room. One relatively small aspect of a person doesn't mean the whole person is worth breaking up with. I could see how that could really suck from the girls' point of view though. You really, really should see a doctor if its that bad.

My husband moans and laughs in his sleep. I ask him if he has dreams..he replies yes but says he forgets what he dreamt. So weird but it happens.

Kimberly_Isabel 7

Try video taping yourself when you sleep for a couple of nights for like 1- 2 weeks and see if its true. If it is, better go see a doctor ASAP.

atamaga 0

I had those when I was younger. You have my sympathies, for whatever they're worth.