Bailed out

By Why's it so cold in here? - 01/02/2015 18:13 - United States

Today, after getting home from being in the field for a week, my wife who's a nurse, convinced me I had a spider bite on my penis. After rushing to the ER and standing nude in a cold exam room while the ER staff checked me out, I learned it's just an ingrown hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 822
You deserved it 2 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did you have to rush to the hospital? Your wife could have just sucked the spider venom out.

Well, would you rather prefer a spider bite on your penis?

Comments

dragoongirl90 34

Nurses are not doctors. It was actually illegal for her to try to diagnose you that way. People can give opinions on things, of course, but those in the medical profession have rules. And this is why.

stuner56 22

It's not illegal if this happens at home.

Also, an APN can diagnose and treat, legally. They work in tandem with a physician, but diagnosis is part of their job.

meli1195 31

pretty sure OP wouldn't send his wife to jail for giving him an incorrect diagnosis, even if it's illegal

ShannonBitt 29

I wouldn't consider this a diagnosis. I think the only reason he said that she was a nurse was because she'd be more credible than any random person.

That must have been very embarrassing

ndnpride88 25

Better safe than sorry. Atleast there was no spider bite

You were gone for a week, and your wife convinces you to go to an ER? I'm guessing you initiated sex and got blew-off? Maybe you should be checking her out for bites?

It's never a ******* spider bite. Of all the hundreds of consultations I've gotten for supposed "spider bites", exactly ZERO have been spider bites.

To paraphrase the great Dr. House... 'It's never a spider bite. Until it is.' But he was talking about Lupus.

I must never have been a patient of yours then. With me, it's always a spider bite.

"May the force be with you" "SHUT UP YODA!!"

Stupid you are, relevant to the FML this is not.

your wife had to be a C student in nursing school.

gintwinsmoore 20

at first I thought she was trying to get you into bad foreplay and an even worse ********

ah the age old question. . .manscaping side effect or spider bite. . .