Assumptions

By adriana - 01/09/2009 16:48 - United States

Today, I went to the bank to deposit the cash I made waiting tables. While the teller was counting, I apologized for having so many small bills. She said "It's OK honey, I helped another one of your kind just the other day. You're lucky we take your dirty money." She thought I was a stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 335
You deserved it 4 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

The teller shouldn't have sterotyped you. You're not a stripper just because you have small bills... and she had no right to say that.

She should be fired! What a rude comment to make to a customer.

Comments

You should have been like "Yeah, last night I had a hell of a time with your bf ;)" and if she said she didn't have a bf, you could have said "No wonder. Look at you!"

IF this is real, which I doubt, you should have gone to the bank manager straight away instead of bitching about it on this site like you have no power as a CUSTOMER.

FuckUpXNote 0

She make it seems if you from other planet your kind you should slap her up...

denise509 0

its okay! i go to my bank alot, i deposit and withdraw abunch of money. i swear they must think im a hooker or a drug dealer if i wasnt so sweet! they always give me a nasty look, but its okay. atleast im not counting money that really hookers and drug dealers touch everyday!

Not only is that assuming a LOT, but that's a very disrespectful comment. Dirty money? Your kind? That sounds like some kind of a RACIST comment. I'm almost certain that this teller is a Christian Conservative. "I helped another one of your kind just the other day"? That's such a holier-than-thou comment. What did she do, give a stripper a pamphlet on why Jesus hates any and all non-marital sexuality? "You're lucky we take your dirty money"? Money earned from stripping is no different from any other money. It's money. You are a bank. I wasn't aware that it was in the job description of any bank teller to judge the morality of the transaction by which a customer attained the money handed to them, or to refuse service to anyone based on said judgment. Women like this make me sick. They think they're so superior to others because of their faith, and they think they're so generous, caring, and benevolent because they took the time to lecture a stripper about why Jesus disapproves of their lifestyle, or to look at a bum, say "oh, you poor man", and give him ONE dollar before walking away. These deluded people need to be smashed over the head repeatedly with a lead pipe.

I just need to say that your comment is also totally stereotypical. This teller could have been elitist without being a super-conservative of any faith. Some people don't need religion to justify their nasty comments. By saying "I'm almost certain," your just applying the same judgmental behavior on the teller that s/he bestowed on the customer. OP, that was truly unfortunate. As a bank teller myself, I know that that behavior would have never been tolerated in my work zone; it could have gotten me fired because of how seriously we take our customer service. Making small talk with a customer NEVER includes making them feel belittled and judged (even if they WERE a stripper).

Once when I was at a strip club I was waiting in line for the bathroom, and a stripper happened to be the first to come out of a stall. There was a dollar bill in the trash can and it was all wet so I concluded she didnt know it was in her bottoms and it fell in the toilet. But i was drunk so i put it in my pocket. Yeahhh that's gross now... But I'm a server, and I'll deposit sometimes as much as a hundred dollars or more in ones alone. You know people have to wonder. Hah.