Assumptions

By adriana - 01/09/2009 16:48 - United States

Today, I went to the bank to deposit the cash I made waiting tables. While the teller was counting, I apologized for having so many small bills. She said "It's OK honey, I helped another one of your kind just the other day. You're lucky we take your dirty money." She thought I was a stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 335
You deserved it 4 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

The teller shouldn't have sterotyped you. You're not a stripper just because you have small bills... and she had no right to say that.

She should be fired! What a rude comment to make to a customer.

Comments

you could take it as a compliment, meaning your hot I guess. but otherwise it's stereotype

Since this is from Utah, I'm going to assume the teller was a Mormon for saying something like that lol

I really wonder why everyone is saying "that's what you get for having big breasts", who the **** would take that? I would have called her manager and reported her. If you are to work in social situations like that, you better have people skills that aren't that shitty.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING 12. ={{{ Oh and I'm not 12, just to let u all know.

Ha, my brother has that happen to him, minus the tellers didn't say anything, they just seemed to think he was a stripper with his $1 bills.. haha

At least you look hot enough to be a stripper!:P

echos_fml 0

Ok so I found what the teller said to be extremely offensive because I am a dancer. I dance to support my 2 kids. Most people are in complete shock when they find out about what I do for a living because they think of strippers as ***** like many people have already pointed out. No not all strippers are gorgeous because most men dont care about the looks they are there for the company unless its a big party like a bachelor party. I also put myself through school for a few semesters until I just ran out of hours in the day to manage school, work, and kids. And people should think twice before stereotyping people like that becuase most of the girls I work/worked with have another job...dental assistant, nurses, preschool teachers...and a lot of people never know what they do on the side for the extra spending money. Also as for strippers=***** most dont wannt anything to do with you cause they are most likely married!

You make me happy, just for posting. Personally, I can never "agree" with stripping and dancing, or /real/ prostitution, but I know some people really have to do it. So I can't judge them, no matter what I think about the job. It's a case-by-case thing, and the little negatives always outweigh the big positives, unfortunately. (Hey, that's life) For example, there are you and your friends. Then there is my aunt. My aunt belly dances. She's a complete bitchy twit who thinks the world of herself, doesn't NEED to do it, and dresses skimpy a lot (at my grandfather's funeral, even). She doesn't sleep around, but she did decide to send herself to a little convention for belly dancing (didn't know such a thing existed!) and buy herself more costume stuff, then had the nerve to claim she didn't have enough money for actual important things (such as coming to see grandpa when he was sick). You and your friends are obviously more people than my aunt, yet who makes the bigger impression on the group as a whole? Sad, isn't it? [edit] Oh, and, no, my aunt is far from "hot." And she keeps trying to get me into belly dancing, and likes to insult me saying I'm "just being insecure" or something because I won't show myself off unnecessarily...