Assumptions

By adriana - 01/09/2009 16:48 - United States

Today, I went to the bank to deposit the cash I made waiting tables. While the teller was counting, I apologized for having so many small bills. She said "It's OK honey, I helped another one of your kind just the other day. You're lucky we take your dirty money." She thought I was a stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 335
You deserved it 4 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

The teller shouldn't have sterotyped you. You're not a stripper just because you have small bills... and she had no right to say that.

She should be fired! What a rude comment to make to a customer.

Comments

she wasnt dressed as a stripper, its cuz of the little bills!!!

AndelleRae 9

I'm friends with women who are strippers. Most of them don't dress/act like ***** at all when they're not working. The majority of them don't even act like ***** while they're working, because they're lesbians or they're married. I mean, maybe that's only true of the ones I know, but don't assume based on the profession that they dress like that all the time.

very true! many are decent girls outside of the job. of course there are those who are no good, but that's in EVERY job. it is not the majority for strippers.

The only reason she was assumed to be a Stripper was because she had a lot of small dollar bills you asshole.

TooMuchXbox 0

There are lots of topless restaurants. And in all honesty, despite reading the post like 3 times to make sure I didn't look like an idiot, I didn't notice 'that I made waiting tables'.

piles_of_fail 0

.....ITS IN THE FIRST SENTENCE!!!! LEARN TO READ!

I would be pissed because I am not like that. Strippers are known not for looks, but for sleazing. Think of it more like... Someone saying you anorexic just because you appear thin. Or, since you're a dude; someone saying you're a buttfucking ****** because you decided to wear something silly with a rainbow one day. And, she mistook her for a stripper because she was female and had small bills, had not much to do with her looks. And what is especially insulting about it was the way she said it. "Your kind" and "dirty money" - implying that if OP WAS a stripper, she was automatically a complete slag only in it to please herself or something. Plenty of strippers are not like that, but that is how most people view them, as I said initially. That is why it is a negative instead of a positive.

hey, do you personally know a group of strippers that are sleazy? well I personally know many who are students and are drop dead gorgeous that know how to separate their life from their work. Maybe you should learn to get some class and not judge.

Reading comprehension fail. "And what is especially insulting about it was the way she said it. "Your kind" and "dirty money" - implying that if OP WAS a stripper, she was automatically a complete slag only in it to please herself or something. Plenty of strippers are not like that, but that is how most people view them, as I said initially."

moonlight_daze 8

There are a lot of Mormons in Utah.

Or trashy. Strippers aren't known for being good-looking. They are known for being sleazy ******.

ummmmm based on your picture I don't take you for the classiest lady out there.

sublime93 0

You definitely should have made a commotion.

The temptation to speak to a manager about that remark would be too great for me to resist. How dare anyone speak rudely of exotic dancers.

GreenDaemon21 0

OP: u shud be proud, it takes an attractive woman to be assumed a stripper

Confused you for a stripper eh? Then you must be hot!!!

What I love most is the phrasing she used. "Your kind." Jeez.

I know exactly what you're going through. I play my guitar out on the street and rely entirely on tips. Some days I make a hundred dollars and have to go around with a wad of singles and get a bunch of mean looks from cashiers.