Assumptions

By adriana - 01/09/2009 16:48 - United States

Today, I went to the bank to deposit the cash I made waiting tables. While the teller was counting, I apologized for having so many small bills. She said "It's OK honey, I helped another one of your kind just the other day. You're lucky we take your dirty money." She thought I was a stripper. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 335
You deserved it 4 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

The teller shouldn't have sterotyped you. You're not a stripper just because you have small bills... and she had no right to say that.

She should be fired! What a rude comment to make to a customer.

Comments

CherishFlowers 0

The teller shouldn't have sterotyped you. You're not a stripper just because you have small bills... and she had no right to say that.

She didn't stereotype her because of the small bills . . . it was the big ****. PS: I admire your humility for not gloating over the primacy of your comment. Congrats on that accomplishment.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Oh, mercyFML, I apologize if I offended you and other large-breasted women. Let's hug it out.

julia214 0

your type of comment is just as bad. just saying.

liveBabylon 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
the_stereotype 0

the teller sounds like a prude to me. i would have told her to shove it in her dirty mouth for stereotyping you and all. sounds like the teller hasn't gotten laid in a while.

xanth 0

Fun Fact: Most bills have been through a strippers g-string and/or have cocaine residue on them.

that means you must be hot! take it as a compliment!

why have ppl started posting their life stories in the comment section of another fml. its ****** dumb i do haveta say

I hope you were trying to be pseudo-smart and actually knew the teller was trying to be derogatory toward that profession... But seriously complain, stupid people that can't keep their mouth shut like that should work with donkeys or animals, not people.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
cosmolilly 0

no she doesn't deserve it. People can dress however they want. and most strippers and models when they're not working dress pretty bummy because their job is to look perfect constantly (I'm talking about good strippers not fat trashy redneck ones lol) Plus what do you define as "dressing slutty"? I guess we should all wear turtlenecks and knee length walking shorts? You're either a jealous girl or a chauvinistic guy

ohhhhman 0

Why are you, 12? You're judging a whole religion for judging others when you yourself are doing it?grow up. Until you can share something with common sense, no one wants to read your crap.

I'm a Mormon. I don't say crap like that. In fact, I've met more prudes that AREN'T Mormons than ones who are.

moonlight_daze 8

That doesn't even make sense. The Morman Church PREACHES being a total ******* prude. If you aren't a prude then you aren't a very good Mormon.

There's a difference between being decent and prudish. Plus most Mormons are kind and accepting and would more likely not comment

You know, most people can't help where they live. They just go where they have to. Case in point: if neither my husband or I can find a job here, we have to move in with my parents in Oklahoma. I don't WANT to move there, but Oklahoma has jobs while Indiana doesn't.

Either that, or she just looks plain trashy.

what does this comment have to do with anything?

You're an idiot #140. Please don't breed.

She should be fired! What a rude comment to make to a customer.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

there's no evidence she was dressed as a *****. that said, i love how the bank teller referred to strippers as "your kind" as though they're a different species. strippers are people too, right? Right?

Kurg 0

Not you mention she calls them, "Your kind" as if they are a different species. I'll probably get a bunch of clever feedback comments for saying that, but oh well.

#2: right. Let her fire. Then sue her. Then sue the bank.

I feel for ya. I always made my deposits through the ATM though when I was a waitress

The ATM is the best way to go. When I worked as a waitress in a bar, I'd get done at 4 in the morning or so. I once went to Walgreen's after finishing a shift to pick up contact cleaner I needed for the next morning and the cashier asked me if I was tired from dancing all night. Customer service has disappeared.

yeah... I'll have to remember that. Ibring in all fifties. the guy thought I was an underage *****. I work at innout. (make all the jokes you want, it's a pun.)

aendragenus 0

you shoulda been like "bitch, i wait tables! dont talk to me like that!"

HEY even if she IS a stripper there is nothing wrong with that!! some people gotta make that money and don't get help from anyone else!! screw you all! I know lots of girls that are paying for school and won't owe thousands in student loans when they graduate!!!

kikaineko_fml 0

Personally I'd rather have tons of student loan debts than sell myself as an object of lust.

EddiesGirl 14

@123 I completely disagree. strippers are plain nasty for any reason. like the comment above said, I'd rather have loans and dept than to sell my body out like that. its called MORALS something that every girl seems to forgotten. it's why every guy is a pig, cuz every girl decided to be a *****

mndz_mkl 0

What kind of strippers do they have in Utah? I'm thinking they get all way down to exposing their ankles and elbows! Boing!

Unregistered 0

lol isnt that what waitresses are?

if i were you, i'd **** her up!! by the way this isn't a FML

Yes it is.. Unless you enjoy being taken for a stripper.

not a big deal you idiot. I'd rather be mistaken for a stripper than a lot of other things

_MLSBIDGAF 0

So ? She obviously thought you were sexy enough to pass for a stripper. Take it as a compliment.

Not all strippers are sexy. That's just a myth.

No it's not called a myth it's called a stereotype.

Amysbodybetrayal 0

You don't have to be sexy to be a stripper. You just have to be willing to go around a strip joint with just a thong on and do some strip routines. Oh and give lap dances. Sexy has nothing to do with it, but it might get you more customers!

Or, I don't know... Drunk. A lot of people do drink when at strip clubs. And we all know what drinking does to people's standards.

Amysbodybetrayal 0

Or if they have a strip-club fetish and have no standards at all about the woman's attractiveness, as long as she's willing to provide the services they ask for.