Almost done

By Anonymous - 09/04/2013 04:59 - Canada

Today, it's my 17th birthday, and the first birthday since my mother died, leaving me to live with my previously-absent father. He gave me pretzels and a laser pointer, and said, "Happy birthday, fuckstick." One more year… FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 590
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As much as his own fuckstick is the reason you're here in the first place, I feel he could've handled this a little better.

enormouselephant 15

This FML is so sad, I'm sorry OP! Laser not forget to point out- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

Comments

Go get a cat! A dog! Something that will go nuts with the laser pointer while you eat pretzels. Hang in there op.

advent2060 4

This is the first fml that I've genuinely felt bad for, usually there is some comedy to be found in these but this just sucks sorry OP hopefully things will get better

Mister_Triangle 21

I thought "fuckstick" was pretty funny

tmmundy 17

#16...how would you feel if your absent parent called you a "fuckstick"? Wait, don't answer that.

Mister_Triangle 21

This is me sighing heavily at how dense the average FML user is.

I wonder how much it would cost to have yourself emancipated...?

caysters 12

It's not as easy as you'd think. I tried once, but when I saw the laws on it, I knew there was no way if succeed. So I stuck it out. Can't just go out and get emancipated. Have to work, be able to pay bills on your own, do all that, which is actually not that easy when you're full time in high school.

hawright 13

OP- I am sorry to hear that, some people are just not fit to teach. On the bright side, lasers are awesome, but I am a professor There may be some bias there.

Called you a fuckstick, did he? Perfect time to remind him of the old saying, "like father, like son." My condolences to you, OP - find a way to enjoy your birthday, regardless.

I'm guessing all of the YDI's were mistakenly pressed. There's no way in hell you deserve an arsehole father like that, OP. Especially on your birthday.

I accidentally press YDI sometimes. But I always follow up with a FYL because I feel guilty.

Well you can sit, eat pretzels, and point your laser at people. Happy Birthday kid. Hopefully this next year flies by for you!