Almost done

By Anonymous - 09/04/2013 04:59 - Canada

Today, it's my 17th birthday, and the first birthday since my mother died, leaving me to live with my previously-absent father. He gave me pretzels and a laser pointer, and said, "Happy birthday, fuckstick." One more year… FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 589
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As much as his own fuckstick is the reason you're here in the first place, I feel he could've handled this a little better.

enormouselephant 15

This FML is so sad, I'm sorry OP! Laser not forget to point out- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

Comments

As much as his own fuckstick is the reason you're here in the first place, I feel he could've handled this a little better.

enormouselephant 15

He probably should have controlled that fuckstick a little better if he wasn't going to be a good dad. What a dick.

That sucks big time, your dad could've been nicer. What a jerk. If I were you and had the money I would just move out.

If my dad treated me like that I would emotionally destroy him, tell him that when he is on his deathbed and has nobody else to call because he is such a dick that you will not be there for him.

bamagrl410 31

Yes, 79, because the solution to emotional distress and abandonment is to repeat it. Especially when people are dying.

Just to give him a reality check, but I'd hope that y seriously wouldn't betray someone when their dying....

Just ignore what he said OP. Hes obviously not responsible enough to be a good father.

Yes, pretend you're a cat, then you'll be BEAMing with joy at your new laser pointer toy!

enormouselephant 15

This FML is so sad, I'm sorry OP! Laser not forget to point out- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

death943 10

Maybe there might be a good twist on his birthday from his dad.

I know. I feel so bad for OP, words can't describe.

Are parents trying to destroy their kids nowadays?

I could never imagine treating my kid like this!

kaileylovesyew 4

Well apparently. But i wouldn't call this destroying kids. Destroying kids would be leaving a 3 year old home alone to take care of her 1 year old brother. Destroying kids is throwing them in a tub of boiling hot water. Destroying kids is turning off their heart monitor so they die because the beeping is annoying. Destroying kids is literally beating the life out of them or starving them to death. Not giving them an IPad or something for their birthday and calling them a not very insulting name is not destroying kids. Think about it.

PandaKitteh 20

Uhm, well I think you're thinking about literally DESTROYING them and their life. I think #5 meant emotionally.

I think destroying them and killing them are a different thing

lalala1896 6

Happpy birthdayy!! Hopefully things start to improve :)

Aww man, pretzels AND a laser pointer?! Sounds like the best birthday ever!!

You can choose your friends but not your family... Happy birthday, OP! Here's wishing you a happy birthday and a lot more to come! Hopefully your friends did something awesome for you! (:

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
caysters 12

Seems he wasnt around, so why would he be mourning someone he wasnt with? He's just a horrible excuse for a sperm donor.

He's obviously not mourning if he hadn't been with the mother the whole time, but I do agree on one thing: Shine the laser pointer in his eye!!! Then run like hell! If he doesn't like you he could become abusive.

Hey, maybe the mom was horrible to the dad but he still loved her. An Oreo has two sides... :3

That's indeed sad, OP. I know it's hard, but try not to hold grudges against him for that reason. He loves you, he just doesn't know how to show it like most people can.

OhDearBetrayal 25

Contrary to popular belief, being the biological parents of a human being does not equal love towards them. There is a difference between love and genetic material. This man could care about OP as much as he cares for any other random person, and this could just be showing his actual feelings towards OP.

#11 and #10 > What part of "absent father" and "Happy B-day fuckstick" didn't you understand? Looks like his dad doesn't care much about him. It's quite sad OP, hope you have some aunts and uncles who are not as emotionally retarded as your "dad".