Worst babysitter ever

By shira512 - 10/08/2012 23:59 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, after much debate, my husband convinced me to let his scumbag brother babysit our seven-year-old son while we went out to a restaurant. When we got home, we found him teaching our son how to pick the lock to our liquor cabinet. My husband is unapologetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 225
You deserved it 4 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would his brother happen to be Charlie Sheen?

THEKAISER 4

Don't worry, I doubt a seven year old will like the taste of alcohol

Comments

I was going to make a joke...but I don't have Jack Daniels.

I don't mean Tequila perfectly good pun thread, but that was pretty good.

You could always make some punny alcohol joke, Bud. Of Coors, if you can Beer with me, I'd love to make a pun as well. But that's only if you don't all Wine.

I hate to be a Sourpuss but these puns are gonna make me Schnapp.

I'll just take this thread and rum with it.

perdix 29

Why didn't you give Uncle Funster a key to the liquor cabinet?

I learned, that as a mom, you always go with your first instinct.

BubbleGrunge 18

So your son is a little young OP, but give him about six more years and he'll figure it out on his own anyway!

22 - Give me that gun, because you already killed the joke.

zuzupetalsYO 11

OP you are a pathetic parent. You are the scumbag. Your child deserves to be safe. Too harsh? Nope.

Okay this comment confuses me a tad. Not really getting the whole parent is a scumbag thing. Not a lot OP can do when her husband is begging to let his brother do it.

I'm sorry OP, but if you allowed your brother-in-law to watch your son KNOWNING what he's like isntead of paying for a babysitter then you completely deserve this. Still your husband needs to understand how dangerous that is and that it could forever ruin your young son's life all becasue he wants to have dinner out and get laid. Imagine what he'd do if you weren't there to argue with him.

I know this is irrelevant, but you play PWI? And sorry I'm using the fml app, don't know how to private message someone.

#27 I don't think that paying someone to babysit would be much better. You might feel like you deserve a certain quality of sitter since you are paying for it, but it doesn't guarantee anything. Also just because she knew the brother in law is a piece of shit and lousy sitter doesn't mean she could have had all the say in who was sitting. She might have had to allow this to happen to prove to her husband that she trust his judgment or they could be using what little money they had saved up for while to a nice night out. Sometimes you take what you can get.

Your brother in law is teaching your son a very important life skill I wish I could have been able to do that at the age of 17. So I side with your husband

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

I highly doubt a 7 years old would be calling his uncle "papa"...