What a question…

By Anonymous - 04/02/2015 03:53 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my science teacher decided not to recommend me for an honors science class for next year. The reason? Last week, I made the mistake of asking whether spray tans give vitamins in the same way as the sun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 001
You deserved it 47 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yes, they do. The orange color comes from smashed carrots, and your skin absorbs the nutrients. Come on now. That's common knowledge.

Comments

And you wanted to be in the honours class?... Special Ed seems more your speed.

So the teacher decides that because of one stupid question, you don't deserve to go to honors class. What a great person.

Equating spray tan to the complex reactions that take blace when your skin absorbs light shows no understanding of science whatsoever.

norisorroz 28

She wants the D! Vitamin D! In a can!

Because you should always base whether or not someone deserves a recommendation on one question rather than their body of work. Your teacher sounds like a super chill guy, OP.

Sounds like you'll be joining that one dude's fiancee in the photosynthesis diet...

don't fret, everyone asks stupid questions. And you've gotta ask questions to learn sometimes.

The answer to this question takes very little thought to come up with. Spray tans are not sunlight in a can so they cannot produce the reactions that sunlight does when it hits the skin.

Sometimes you just gotta get the dumb questions outta the way.