Welcoming

By Anonymous - 06/06/2014 15:45 - Australia

Today, I was having lunch with my fiancé's family. After he excused himself to use the bathroom, his grandmother glared at me, sneered, "I never liked you" and kept eating while the others smirked. When my fiancé returned, everyone pretended nothing had happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 003
You deserved it 8 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell your fiancee later, hopefully he'll understand.

Yikes. I think a talk with your fiance is in order. I doubt he'd think you're making that up, and he should really know if his family is unpleasant to you. Hopefully he'll explain to them that they should be civil to you. Maybe Grandma is going cuckoo though.

Comments

The only way to respond to that is to tell the granny that you just don't give a f**k what she thinks because you aren't marrying her.

Correct response: I never liked you either, and your baby is butt ugly. With a big smile, of course.

At that point I'd have thrown all pleasent-ness aside, and called them all out when the fiance returned. If they refuse to respect me, I'm going to return the favor. No one should have to put up with that.

They are your in-laws. Are they really supposed to like you? Well of course hopefully they do, but still....

That IS the commonplace stereotype, is it not?

say "**** you old bitch" smirk as their jaws drop.

#14: Actually I recall reading that the part of the brain responsible for inhibition is one of the first areas to deteriorate in old age. In a way, I guess being elderly is a bit like being buzzed all the time...

Next time your fiance goes to the bathroom glare and snare back at the grandmother "Your Grandson likes when I **** him in the ass with a 18 inch strap on and we have tons of videos of me doing it" that should shut her up for good.

don't worry; she'll be dead before you know it

The grandma, I get that people get crazy when they're old. But the rest of the family....sorry OP