By paging dr. kevorkian - 16/05/2013 21:23 - Netherlands

Today, I took my girlfriend to a family dinner. Things went great, until my grandma arrived. She thought it would be okay to continue our friendly prank war by congratulating me on my "wife's" pregnancy. My girlfriend actually believed it, and now thinks she's the "other woman". FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 784
You deserved it 5 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And Grandma wonders why she's in a home...

WhisperSoflty 20

Troll Grandma: 1 OP: 0 Gullible Girlfriend: -1

Comments

And Grandma wonders why she's in a home...

evilraider 5

That's when you tell grandma, " thanks we ll celebrate her pregnancy and the succes of your surgery together. We just found that you need one"

Just sit her down and tell her the truth.... PSYCHE! we all know that never works on women.

FFS. We need that damn old people category FML. MAKE ONE PLEASEEEEEE

DyslexicPanda 12

And what precisely is "so disturbing", 39?

InvisibleMonster_fml 16

I completely agree! It would be a hit, old people say the darndest things. :)

Damn, replied to the wrong comment. So sorry #1 :)

I forgive you. That's the first time I've been called number 1 since smitty werbenjagermanjensen stole my hat

One up her by telling your girlfriend that grandma's the wife. Although that may backfire ad hurt you more...

That would probably just hurt both relationships even more.... Actually, your grandmother might just go with it and anger your girlfriend even more.

Why does this idea even have any thumbs up?

Explain to you're girlfriend, hopefully she will understand. Or get your grandma to explain to her. FYL OP. Best of luck!

So, shouldn't she realize that if you were in fact married, and she's the other woman, that you wouldn't be bringing her to a FAMILY dinner? I'm sure if you talk to her she'll be fine.

No, the whole family's in on it, they support him leading two lives because they want a bigger family. Dinner with the wife is Monday, Wednesday, and all weekend. The girlfriend get Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

How do you know she's not? Maybe both of you just never thought of it. I know it never occurred to me to have a prank war with my grandmother. She is cool enough to have pierced her belly button for her 60th birthday though, maybe she'd be up for it :P

Old people need to have fun too! I'd imagine sitting in a recliner watching Matlock and eating soft foods all day gets pretty boring after a while.

I blame Betty White and "Off Their Rockers" for all these grandparent related fmls.

WhisperSoflty 20

Troll Grandma: 1 OP: 0 Gullible Girlfriend: -1

Troll Grandma: +2, Girlfriend that's in on the prank: +1

zombieslayer83 19

Settle it, then. Tell grandma she's going to a nursing home. Pack her bags and even drive all the way there with her in the car and wait for the right moment. You'll definitely win the war after that.

ss_20_xx 14

Oh so your grandma makes a joke and you threaten to kick her out? I just hope this mentality doesn't hit you back as karma. Yes OP should talk to the grandma about not making such jokes but drive her to the nursing home?

sexyboi1985 27

Get her a Coffin to be delivered by a guy dressed as the Grim reaper and have him say "So apparently todays your day."

That will only work if Norm MacDonald is the Grim Reaper. Either way, keep an AICD handy. You may need it.

"Don't get mad, get even." I like it!

Coffins are too damn expensive. Although I suppose he could get her measurements and be prepared for that unfortunate day when epic gran is lost to us.