Welcoming

By Anonymous - 06/06/2014 15:45 - Australia

Today, I was having lunch with my fiancé's family. After he excused himself to use the bathroom, his grandmother glared at me, sneered, "I never liked you" and kept eating while the others smirked. When my fiancé returned, everyone pretended nothing had happened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 003
You deserved it 8 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell your fiancee later, hopefully he'll understand.

Yikes. I think a talk with your fiance is in order. I doubt he'd think you're making that up, and he should really know if his family is unpleasant to you. Hopefully he'll explain to them that they should be civil to you. Maybe Grandma is going cuckoo though.

Comments

numberswoman 14

Don't marry him. I say this from my own almost identical experience. Trust me, they all feel the same way. I was told "I liked that Mexican girl he was dating a lot better than you." Plus, even if you tell him what she said, he won't believe his grandmother would tell you that. It isn't worth being treated crappy by ignorant people the whole time you have to be around them.

I definitely agree that she should think about it before getting married, but I don't think she should just automatically cancel the wedding. It depends on the case... If he believes her when OP tells him and then he has a serious talk with his family (being clear that he is happy with her and will support her), then she may very well feel he's worth it. If he doesn't believe her though (which, as you pointed out, is a possibility) then it foreshadows a lot of family and trust issues, and she needs to decide whether she feels he's worth it or not.

Next time scream out "Prison rules, bitch!" and throw the butter at her. At least make that hartred deserved.

91hayek 31

To be honest I'd probably smirk along with my family if some amazing gorgeous girl got my brother smitten and he was such a great brother that I wouldn't want to upset him. It would really be all I could do. Forgive them OP, you've got the best of their brood and they don't like it. Be magnanimous in victory.

It would have been at this point that you should have made your way to the manager and mentioned that you think you saw that elderly woman slipping silverware into her purse. Then walk out, call for a cab, and never look back. This family is way too screwed up. You do not want to have any part in their ****** up games.

Geesh! Someone needs to stop letting grandma drink the haterade!!!

I'd you Love him, that's all that matters. .. that does suck though. .. my grandmother in law hates me out of racism because I'm tan. .

This is when I ask why, and try to get an answer. Sometimes it's a mere misunderstanding, like them thinking you do a different job to what you actually do or thinking you've done something you haven't. Best to speak to your fiancé about it, too.

Keep going with fiance keep fighting and show for them how you are, maybe they will change their mind.