We meet again

By laprochainefoisjerestealamaison - 25/02/2013 19:47 - France - Montpellier

Today, I gave birth to my daughter in a hospital corridor. The nurse who took me to my room afterwards tried to comfort me by saying there'd been worse incidents; she said that two years ago, a lady gave birth in the parking lot. That was me too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 478
You deserved it 5 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you could continue the pattern and give birth to your next child in the cafeteria or somewhere.

You've got your work cut out for you to top it next time.

Comments

CharresBarkrey 15

As long as it doesn't give away any patient personal information. If she had said something like "A girl named Sarah gave birth in the parking lot two years ago," That would've been different. Edit. Sorry, 23, didn't see yours.

I doubt the nurse said her name or gave any sort of medical info. Also, the "where" of childbirth is hardly something to be secretive about. So yes, nurses are allowed to say that. Edit: saw the two ahead of me. Redundancy FTW!

Better to have a quick labour and birth I reckon. Mine was similar but in a little consulting room. I think I would have in the car if we got there any later haha congrats though :)

Better to have a quick labour and birth I reckon. Mine was similar but in a little consulting room. I think I would have in the car if we got there any later haha congrats though :)

hopefully there is another hospital near by...this one doesn't sound that good.

This place sucks! They can't even preemptively detect when a woman will give birth, and drive them to the room.

Some people give labor faster than expected. Maybe the op waited too long. The hospital might not have been at fault for this.

"Oh my god, someone said something vaguely medical without obtaining express written consent!! Must be a HIPAA violation!!" Why doesn't anyone understand what patient confidentiality actually is?

Where I live health care workers aren't supposed to tell anyone about what goes on at their job (except co-workers obviously). They probably wouldn't get in trouble for saying what the nurse did, since she didn't give names, but they still technically aren't supposed to do it.

lol op's name means "the next time i stay at my house" speaking french has its perks

With experience with the first one in the parking lot, you should've gone to the hospital earlier this time around. YDI.

The hospital may have too few rooms for the number of patients they handle; if so, they'd tell women to wait as long as possible. It happens.

musiciangirl591 16

some women have fast labors, when i was born, my mother went in at 10:00 in the morning or so, i was born one hour later (11 AM), she didn't even have time for an epidural!

I consider you lucky. Clearly you have quick easy deliveries. Birthing suites are overrated, especially after 45 hours of labour. Even less fun is the operating room where they tend to send you after hour 46... All said, I'd rather deliver in the hallway if that means its quick!! Ps: the agruement of privacy does not apply. Every doctor, nurse, intern and janitor on the floor see's your cootch when your in labour. You honestly stop caring.