By Anonymous - 23/01/2011 07:21 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital to visit my aunt and her newborn baby. The receptionist gave me the room number, and I went and my aunt was in the bathroom so I cuddle the baby, only to find that the woman who came out of the bathroom was a complete stranger. I was holding her baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 609
You deserved it 8 380

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thats no too bad, apologise and explain.

That is very true, regardless if the baby belonged to your aunt or not, you cannot just pick up and hold a newborn baby without even asking for permission. Also I can't remember another serious comment by perdix besides this one.

Comments

LOL! i would have just acted like was a part of the hosp staff and said that i was just checking up on the baby. win

Who the *$#& left a newborn baby alone in a hospital room?!? Even for a few seconds! Where is this hospital, Mexico?

daaron 3

" Run Bitch Run, She Gonna Kill You "

OP is an idiot, when my sister was born.. my family went to go see her, on the crib things in the hospitals they have them clearly label with the Babys surname and or first name, which is generally kept next to the patients bed which also is labeled..

thats no too bad, apologise and explain.

I think the mother beat the shit out of op before he/she could explain

14, who wouldn't if that were their child?

exactly! you should never touch someone else's child without permission. I would beat the crap out of her if she were touching my daughter or son.

bigphill1333 0

^ are you retarted? so if I honestly thought it was my aunts you'd beat the crap out of me? Thats stupid.

No but the aunt would still be greatly annoyed and maybe even ask to hand ore the baby cuz she don't trust that you're able to holding it safely.

Randuhh_17 4

Just saying, I think any mother would go after them. I mean not only are you a stranger holding her newborn child, but do you know how many baby stealers are out there?!. If it were my child, I'd probably attack, it would be my first thought. Plus, if you are going into a new mother's room like that, it would be wise to knock and state who you are; family or not.....maybe then, you wouldn't get beat down. Even the nurse state who they are. Not forgetting to mention, you should ask before you pick up someone's newborn baby, there might be something you have to do before you touch her/him; like there might be a medical thing that you need to watch for......and I hope you would always wash your hands before touching the baby!!

Haha, at least she didn't do anything... or I hope she didn't do anything.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's a baby. That means it won't resemble the aunt very much, nor will it look too different from other newborn babies.

How would she notice the baby looked "completely different"? Completely different to what? To the last time she saw the baby? Or completely different to her OP's aunt? If it's the first, I'm pretty sure she hadn't seen the baby yet else she wouldn't have had to ask for the room number. If it's the second, not everyone is able to easily see the resemblance between people. I can't even see that either one of my children look like me or my husband. People have mistaken my mother and her sister for one another and I don't think they look anything like each other. I just don't see it. The only thing I see that the OP did wrong was picking up the baby without asking the mother if it was OK. Had she waited, this situation could have been avoided.

ddjjrrff 0

newborn babies do not look anything like their parents retard

you're a fool. Have you ever seen a newborn baby? They often look nothing like their parents. My mum said when my sister was born she looked more like ET than either of our parents.

dancingqueen5678 1

You should've checked the name.

Acousticpixie14 6

Or she could have just done the courteous thing and waited for her "aunt" to get out of the bathroom and ASKED to hold the baby. Whether you're related or not, you ask before you can pick up someone else's child.

Allybuns 0

Get tha hell off my baby !!!! *falcon punch*